The Senior Manager, Coach Design and Engineering is a direct partner to the Director (Erik White), responsible for the complete life cycle of the design and engineering of the Coach (within the Sacramento Engineering Scope of Work) reporting to the Director of Engineering. The main objective of this role is to engineer customized versions of the current coach portfolio capitalizing on the platform design with the integration of agreed customer specified requirements. Another goal is to increase the Scope of Work on the American side of the Coach Design in order to increase the department’s Coach expertise and related independence.
• You will support and lead a team of engineers creating the product deliverables as well as supporting procurement, manufacturing, testing and warranty. You will strategize on how to increase the skills of your team and evaluate where the weaknesses might be and prepare accordingly. You will manage other managers and ensure their mentoring, training, growth, and accountability.
• You will specify the requirements for each proposal and liaise across departments providing clarity and so forth. This will follow through the entire design life cycle.
• You will be in charge of systems integration of the complete product including agreed customer requirements in line with the mutually agreed scope of work with coach engineering COC, compilation of the BOM’s and Technical Specifications.
• You will also be the assigned technical representative and lead in customer design reviews.
• You will be responsible for creating the WBS’s, assigning resources and ensuring that the scheduled release dates are met.
• You will prepare engineering estimates for customer change orders and future proposal work.
• You will be responsible to manage certain budgets across assigned projects.
• You will support the procurement, manufacturing, testing and warranty cycles.
• You will travel up to 20% of your time.
You will be a partner to Erik who is the owner of the coach design and as such will be expected to report status on all projects on a monthly basis.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS degree in Engineering or related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Rolling Stock experience, a minimum of 10 years
• Work experience of 10 years as a minimum
• Knowledge of Coach Design and Engineering.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• A BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
• Coach experience and the vehicle platforms they are derived from.
• Experience working with Pro-Engineer, SAP, PDMLink and related workflows.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.