Siemens Mobility Inc. wants to fill a Technical Support Specialist position in Wilmington, Delaware. This job entails direct support in fleet monitoring and maintenance planning for the Siemens Locomotives and duties to support Siemens Customer Service. The Technical Support Specialist also provides technical oversight to the contractual depots and administrative services to the Siemens Reliability and Service Managers.
Applicants who wish to be a part of the Siemens Customer Service Department will be responsible for the following main tasks:
· Monitoring and equipment surveillance support for Siemens locomotives at the Amtrak Mechanical Desk in Wilmington, DE, in a 24/7 shift pattern.
· Support for driving reliability and continuous improvement to minimize downtime and costs.
· Preventive maintenance practice optimization without compromising safety.
· Collaborate with Product Managers, Software Engineers, and Field Service Technicians to monitor and improve maintenance practices.
· Provide real-time support to the end-users.
· Must be able to work in a 24/7 shift pattern.
· Reports to the Siemens Technical Support Team Lead.
· Measure and track performance against agreed-upon reliability targets.
· Support Failure Investigations and the completion of Root Cause Analysis reports.
· Regular review and update of maintenance practices, impacting documentation and training procedures.
· Provide technical advice and recommendations to the Field Service maintenance teams.
· Support the development of a Continuous Improvement Program.
· Provide advice on modifications and measures which can be implemented to improve component and system reliability.
· Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the Customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
· Generate administrative reports using the Microsoft Office suite.
· Generate Work Orders for locomotives using Amtrak’s Work Management System.
· Use Siemens’ Railigent® to monitor fleet performance and failures and disseminate findings to Siemens team personnel and the Customer.
· Lead teleconferences and meetings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· This position requires a minimum of an associate degree in a technical field, or five years of practical maintenance and operational experience. (Railway experience preferred).
· Ability to solve practical problems, exercise initiative, and deal with a variety of changing situations.
· Must be computer literate and know computerized maintenance systems.
· Must demonstrate core competencies of effective communications, listening, and have strong organizational skills.
· Ability to read and understand equipment blueprints and maintenance/operation manuals.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Must possess proven skills with Microsoft Excel.
· Must quickly and efficiently learn project-specific software programs and online tools.
· Must be able to read and understand the English language.
· Required amount of travel: 10%
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Background or formal training in Quality tools, e.g., six sigma.
- Ability to analyze data and prepare reports using analytics and business intelligence platforms like Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, TIBCO Spotfire, or similar.
· Ability to apply Standardization of processes to maximize consistency of output and increase efficiency.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.