Siemens Grand Prairie is looking for a fulltime Data Analysis and Visualization expert to help improve strategic and operational performance and increase business process transparency. This person will be responsible for identifying and mining data, performing statistical analyses, applying visualization techniques, and helping build high quality visualization systems.
This role requires creativity to achieve visual communication, a passion for telling a story with data, and the ability to conduct independent statistical analysis. Applicants should have a natural creative edge, an aptitude for analytics, a desire for data-driven decision making, and interest in keeping up with technological advances in their field.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
An ideal candidate would be a self-motivated individual who possesses high initiative, excellent problem-solving skills and a passion for deriving business decisions using data analytics and visualization.
• Develop baseline technology standards, tools platforms and processes
• Perform data modeling, database development and management
• Perform business, operational, and engineering data analysis, and deliver consumable reports to identify trends, potential issues, findings, and actionable recommendations
• Perform coding/programming and develop, maintain, and document analytic models and processes
• Evaluate data visualization and analytics requirements and propose effective and efficient methods of answering those requirements
• Communicating with both technical and non-technical team members to understand business processes and promote data driven decision making
Knowledge, Skills and Education:
• Bachelors in any Engineering, Data Science, or Computer Science related discipline (or equivalent experience)
• 2+ years of related experience in data analytics and visualization
• Strong ability to analyze data using SQL, Excel, Tableau or other similar tools for reporting and data mining purposes
• Development experience using any scripting language (i.e. PHP, Python, C#, etc.)
• Experience in SQL or other programming languages.
• Experience performing product-oriented quantitative analysis, including statistical analysis
• Strong knowledge in visual design
Preferred but not required:
• Experience in a manufacturing environment
• Familiarity with SAP data sources
• Experience with Angular, Microsoft C#, node.js, Microsoft Power BI
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.