Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
As Subsystem Manager Data Communication System (DCS), you will be responsible for:
· Work assignments:
Responsibility for the management of mass roll-outs of data communication systems (DCS) as part of large-scale railway infrastructure projects within time, budget and quality framework: Ensuring economic success and (internal) customer satisfaction for DCS application projects.
Carrying the responsibility for the application scope, both technical and commercial. Representation of the application scope within the project towards the PM and customer, whilst reporting to the line management (group lead).
· Application planning, controlling and reporting:
For DCS projects: determination of the comprehensive project objectives from the Project Management and provided documents. Preparation of the project planning and the required project documents. Ensuring compliance with defined procedures/processes for project controlling and reporting.
· Application implementation:
Coordination of the complex application implementation with international partners. Ensuring that the application goals defined with the project management and all project participants are achieved.
· Exploration of further business opportunities:
Identification and exploitation of additional business opportunities during project implementation, e.g. identifying Change Requests or extending the scope towards generic application work packages.
Technical leadership of the Application team including staff resource planning and coordination with the organizational units involved. Managing following team setup:
- Projects Support functions and Quality Management
- System Engineering and Hardware and Software Engineering for Interlocking and Diagnostic Systems
- Test Management
- RAMS Management
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· Degree in electrical engineering or systems engineering preferably with railway specific specialization
· Professional experience of minimum 5 years in railway transportation systems, ideally in the rail systems business, with the focus on (System) Engineering in Telecommunication domain
· Knowledge of project management principles for project realization and execution
· Fluent English essential both written and oral, knowledge of German is an asset
· Independent and structured approach to work
· Team leadership and mediation skills between teams
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/in/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time