Role: Senior Engineer (Product Technical Support)
Electrical Energy keeps the world moving. No matter where the power comes from or where it needs to go we make sure it makes its way.
Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Grids and Infrastructure team as a Senior Engineer and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
What will the future look like? What can we look forward to? We don´t know for sure. That´s why we need true pioneers who, while exploring the world of research and development, trigger innovative projects and come up with unusual paths towards a solution – our drive to make the “impossible” possible has no limits! This is your chance: drive global change with us.
What part will you play!
- Being adept in driving resolution of customer issues and bug fixes, acting as customer advocate while adhering to support service standards and in order to manage Tier 3 support of Product to the internal and external customers.
- Perform technical coordination / review with client to ensure risk identification and to support the initiation of risk mitigation by Project Manager and all relevant project stakeholders.
- Be on-call on a weekly rotation basis throughout the year to help enable 24x7 global support.
- Escalate and log defects for more advanced customer issues to Development or Product Management teams when necessary.
- Ensure that SLAs of assigned customer reported issues are met within TAT
- Actively participate in team and departmental meetings by providing feedback on current day-to-day activity and recommendations for improvement.
Use your skills to move the world forward!
- We need a graduate - BE in Computer Science or equivalent with 4 to 7 years of experience in a level 2 customer support or delivery service team for a high-tech company
- Strong problem solving and software troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of UNIX environment with good understanding of Shell Scripting
- Technical troubleshooting skills of large RDBMS like Oracle with sound knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge and troubleshooting experience of core Java, kafka and XML standards to support complex enterprise software
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts like WWW, FTP, TELNET, SSH, etc.
- Knowledge of web-enabled support tools like SOAP UI
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues, prioritize them and enjoy working with customers
- Apache Tomcat Administration skills or Administration of other web applications
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Impeccable English speaking and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and should be an active listener and learner
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Noida. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time