About this role:
Evaluates, designs, and maintains domains, servers, and applications throughout the enterprise, using
Mainly Windows. Troubleshoots Windows infrastructure and system problems.
Deploys, administers, and supports vendor and in-house applications and associated hardware. Performs
some customization, testing, and debugging on vendor-supplied utilities and enterprise applications.
Maintains necessary metrics and documentation. Provides technical proposals and recommendations to
various company organizations. Stays current with new technologies. Operates under moderate
You will be responsible for:
- Monitor performance and proactively administer assigned systems and in-house applications.
- Provide regular reports on performance, project status, and other infrastructure data
- Maintain data, software, and hardware security and emergency procedures.
- Work with hardware vendors to provide corrective and preventive hardware maintenance.
- Evaluate, install and test systems/network hardware and software.
- Assist with on-going assessment and upgrading of systems and infrastructure. Research, evaluate and recommend hardware and software for systems and help plan for the future.
- Help troubleshoot medium to complex systems related problems, also remotely
- Communicate and coordinate with other system administrators and users, using standard communication processes.
- Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 end-user support, as required, using standard tools and processes. Meet
- response/service levels as determined by IT.
- Write some user and system administration documentation.
- Maintain/expand technical knowledge of system administration and engineering through self-study
- and structured courses.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to install systems and other hardware on data-center racks.
- Strong knowledge of system administration Windows Operating Systems: Server2013/2016, Win7, Win10 and MS office suites from 2007 to the most recent one. Experience with O365 beneficial
- UNIX and Linux would be nice to have.
- Innovative thinking
- Being a team player
- Curious in regards to new IT technologies
- Absolutely reliable and dedicated to the job
- good Romanian and English communications skills, in oral and written form
- Good interpersonal skills to deal with our internal customers
- Scripting/programming skills (Powershell, Java, C++, etc.) are welcome
- Basic Network skills are welcome (e.g. Cisco CCENT/CCNA)
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 year of working experiences in IT industry
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time