Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position will have an office location in Wendell, North Carolina with project responsibilities and throughout the United States and abroad. Responsible for managing third-party spending on materials, equipment and construction trade subcontractors to support projects in the Digital Grid business. Directly engages in large projects in the bidding phase to improve Siemens' competitive position by running the subcontractor solicitations (RFQs and RFPs), bid leveling and negotiations. Works to manage and develop a diverse group of suppliers and subcontractors to support Siemens Digital Grid businesses including Grid Control, Energy Automation, e-Meter, and PTI. This role is part of the management team for the Digital Grid operations and has a significant impact on the competitiveness and profitability of the business. The position will report to the National Procurement Manager responsible for procurement for DG-US.
The Project Procurement Manager role for a third party spend of $30+ million dollars is measured on the following activities:
- Cost Reductions – the role has a target for percentage of cost savings achieved through price negotiations, value engineering efforts, and other means. The target productivities are as follows:
- Pre-book savings: 3.0% of spend supporting $100M+ of order intake
- Post-book savings: 3.3% of spend
- Payment Terms – the role requires negotiation of a target percentage of Siemens preferred payment terms.
- Procurement Processes – Ensure that the business unit complies with Siemens policies and procedures.
- Implementing new tools to enable more efficient and effective procurement.
- Supplier Management – the role has responsibility for managing relationships with major suppliers including soliciting feedback from internal customers and sharing that with suppliers.
- Internal Customer Satisfaction – key managers are surveyed to determine the service level provided.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA degree and experience with procurement IT hardware and software.
- 8-10 total years of experience in purchasing to include 4 years-experience with purchasing IT hardware and software.
- Purchasing experience to include price solicitation and negotiation for contracts greater than $1 million.
- Digital Grid business unit business experience preferred.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in engineering, engineering technology, business, or computer science.
- Design, estimating or project management experience with electrical grid systems.
- Experience working with sales and engineering functions on cost reduction efforts.
- Procurement management experience in a large, global corporation.
- Contract negotiation experience.
- Experience with developing a diverse supply base to meet customer expectations for minority-owned and woman-owned business participation.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive flex vacation, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.