Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This individual would lead Electrical Services business development activities for the Western United States by uncovering and developing sales opportunities through relationships with key end user personnel, electrical contractors and electrical distributors. This role will report directly to the Director of Electrical Services and will be based within the western US, preferably in a major metropolitan area.
Working with sales resources throughout the western Zones and Regions, this individual is expected to generate and manage a large number of highly qualified opportunities electrical services opportunities with a focus on Low and Medium Voltage power distribution. At the direction of this individual, assigned field resources will handle technical and proposal responsibilities while this individual focuses on developing and establishing strong ongoing relationships with key specifiers, contracting personnel, site engineers as well as large and small contractors. This individual shall be experienced in low and medium voltage power distribution products electrical services. The position shall work to favorably position RAM as a preferred provider of services, studies, retrofits, and new products.
- Provide expert electrical services knowledge to guide and manage regional sales teams. Define regional go to market plans for RAM in collaboration with other EIS and DS sales resources and take active role in on-site training, customer site visits, end-user presentations, etc.
- Support the Sales Executives /Account Managers to respond to qualified opportunities in a timely and knowledgeable manner. Training (on-site, webinar) will be a key component of this effort.
- Allow RAM to increase its visibility and attain a leadership position image with the end user and contracting community by visiting and maintaining relationships with target entities though-out the Western US.
- Develop business opportunities and generate significant incremental sales volume. This will be via building end-user and contractor relations, as well as monitoring / filtering of a variety of software offerings.
- Develop projects to enhance the company’s probability of success through technical and value differentiation against competitors
- Supports Branch and Area sales management within the Western US with face to face strategic planning, in depth account plans and forecasting.
- Maintains technical competence of company’s products, applications and services by direct interaction with all of our key manufacturing sites, training events, national conference training sessions, etc.
- Represents Siemens by participating in both national industry associations, professional organization and affiliations, as well as those located within their respective geography.
- Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory approval ratings and to create outstanding customer value. This would be achieved by follow-up visits to the site as well as face to face meetings with all parties involved.
- Required experience: Five to ten years of successful sales in electrical power distribution products and/or services experience required.
- Required travel: 50 - 75%
- Other requirements:
o General Computer skills required.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required.
- This individual must possess an outgoing personality, be able to present herself/himself and Siemens in a professional and positive way and work well in a team environment.
- Demonstrates a competent knowledge of LV/MV electrical systems
- Effectively uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization
- Must be at least 21 years of age to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing
- High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.