Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a PET Reconstruction Scientist.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a PET scientist, you will be responsible for conceiving and developing innovations in PET and bringing them into a validated state ready for integration into new product versions.
Specific responsibilities are below:
- Supports the technology/innovation roadmap of the PET Physics and Reconstruction team
- Supports software innovation development at all levels: PET data corrections; image reconstruction algorithms, both analytical and statistical, design, implementation and optimization; image processing.
- Assures transfer of technologies into product solutions by working closely with other R&D teams and product management
- Participates in publication of results at conferences and in peer-reviewed journals
- Protects innovations with invention disclosures
- Travels both internationally and domestically for customer visits and conferences
This position may suit you
best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop
your career with Healthineers
- Experience in a research environment in one of these fields: PET, image reconstruction, inverse problems, image processing, or related field.
- Strong computer skills and strong mathematical background
- Detail oriented and organized, excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can-do attitude
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a virtual and fast-paced environment
- Outstanding ability to work independently, be creative, overcome obstacles
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Ph.D. in physics /mathematics/electrical/nuclear engineering or related field
· Experience in multiple programming languages, including at least C++
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.