The successful candidate will be joining an organisation that enjoys a very strong market position in the UK with over 50% market share in mainline rail signalling and control and a broader portfolio including traffic management, fixed and mobile telecommunications, station management, inter-modal solutions, electrification and customer services.
This is a key position within the Rail Infrastructure business of Siemens Mobility, reporting directly to the Head of Sales.
The role will be responsible for two high profile customer accounts; specifically HS2 and Transport for London, and will be responsible for maintaining and developing existing market share, driving new sales business and highly effective customer engagement.
Working with the Sales team and across the wider business, the role holder will ensure that we present ourselves as one organisation and our clients understand the breadth of our capability and how we can meet their needs.
What are the responsibilities of this role?
- Develop and lead successful customer account development, relationship management strategies and market and competitor analysis activities for customer accounts
- Cultivate valued relationships with senior customers and internal partners from the earliest stages of business development through proposal generation to contract award
- Define and implement innovative market and project strategies to secure new business well in advance of the procurement process
- Identify new technologies, business offerings and routes to market, supported by robust business cases to support new developments
- Establish strategic partnerships with consultants and complementary organisations to secure target business growth
- Drive the marketing effort through attendance and speaking at events and support of targeted marketing and communications campaigns
- Produce and deliver presentations up to board level
- Ensure knowledge transfer from Sales to Project Delivery, post contract award
- Identify and implement improvements in company processes and standards
- Direct line management of one account manager and indirect leadership of Bid teams as appropriate to specific opportunities
What do you need to qualify for the role?
- Proven account management and value-based sales experience in a technology or project delivery business in the mainline or metro/mass transit rail environment (excess of £100m p.a.) (essential)
- A good understanding of the way in which railway projects are bid, contracted and delivered in order to drive the win strategy (essential)
- Customer-orientated approach with strong networks across the rail industry
- Commercially astute with high integrity and communication, collaboration and relationship building skills with credibility at Board level
- Creative and strategic problem solver with a proactive, forward-thinking growth mentality
- Highly driven and agile, able to adapt quickly to changing market and internal requirements and work to tight timescales
- Leadership and people management skills
- Willingness and flexibility to spend a time away from the agreed ‘base’ office as required
- Experience of working across international boundaries, in a large corporate environment
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a business or technically related field
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time