Change the future with us
We are looking for dedicated and talented individuals who are able to meet constantly evolving challenges and serve the customer’s needs or answer colleagues’ questions by applying intelligent concepts and demonstrating creativity. We promote change and work with people who have the curiosity needed to reinvent the future of work. Join us, and together, we will focus on what’s truly important – making life better worldwide thanks to new ideas and the latest technologies.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work-life balance – Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting, and digital workspaces;
- Solving the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects;
- Engaging and challenging environment that evolves quickly with cutting-edge technology.
- Opportunities to advance your career with mentorship programs on a local and global scale;
- Competitive total compensation;
- Profit sharing available;
- Opportunity to buy and sell vacation time according to your lifestyle;
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, technology and sustainability while making a positive impact on the community;
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and off-site business events;
- Opportunity to contribute and earn money for your innovative ideas;
- Employee benefits and discounts;
- Focused on diversity and inclusivity;
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
As our Process Improvement Engineer you will analyze existing production processes and drive the continuous improvement using lean manufacturing principles both on the production floor and during the production planning phases. The Process Improvement Engineer works cross-functionally to drive goal setting, improvement and problem solving in all areas of the operation. You will collaborate with the production core team members, you will lead the team in technical problem solving for topics including process optimization, lean manufacturing, cost saving analysis, routing updates. Owns site’s Operational Excellence Program. Improves efficiencies and process outputs by using various lean tools. Analyzes line layouts and employee utilization to increase throughput and efficiencies, eliminate waste and achieve cost savings. Creates a floor presence across the site by working with various Teams and develops OPEX skills and competencies of others.
- Work cross-functionally to drive goal setting, improvement and problem solving in all areas of the operation
- Identify, lead, and manage process improvement efforts and conduct quantitative analysis of process effectiveness using Lean/Six Sigma tools to measurably impact enterprise performance
- Use continuous improvement methodologies to map current state processes and value streams
- Establish processes for Operations team to measure, manage, track, and report KPI’s, project results and financials
- Responsible for driving culture change as well as productivity projects
- Identifies and implements cost savings measures, particularly those driven by Lean Manufacturing concepts, tracks savings and conducts follow-ups
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean manufacturing, Lean Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis, Flow Manufacturing, and Statistical Process Control
- Facilitate, lead, and participate in both local and strategic Kaizen events to affect breakthrough changes
- Supports new business proposals requiring solutions for continuous improvement, risk management, performance management, and/or quality management
- Have excellent communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the company
- Perform other duties as needed
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or a related engineering discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant engineering and continuous improvement experience
- Lean certification preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Six Sigma green belt certification preferred
- Very good knowledge of English both written and spoken
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.