Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
The Molecular Imaging (MI) division of Siemens Healthineers (Hoffman Estates, IL facility) is currently
seeking a Systems Engineer to join
our SPECT engineering team to develop the next generation of molecular imaging
The ideal candidate should have experience in product requirements analysis, system
design, and integration of software and hardware systems. This position will
work across a cross-functional organization with large and diverse teams,
acting in a technical leadership role. The primary function of this role will
include the elicitation and elaboration of requirements for molecular imaging
devices. A strong understanding of clinical and system level use cases and
workflows is needed to develop high-value and novel customer solutions, and a background
in software and hardware integration is needed to translate new features into
system functionality. A passion for
delivering products that improve the outcomes of patient healthcare is
essential for membership on our team.
- Maintain ultimate ownership for the realization of new system functionality over the course of a development project
- Elicit high quality system requirements from clinical, service, manufacturing, marketing, and other users/stakeholders
- Elaborate and decompose user and system level requirements into detailed and complete specifications
- Identify, quantify, and drive the mitigation of technical risks to our projects and products
- Champion both the extrinsic quality (proven by functional verification) and the intrinsic quality (proven by clinical validation) of our products
- Productize cutting-edge technologies to deliver breakthrough medical care to our customers and patients
- Ensure seamless integration of complex hardware and software subsystems that are designed and manufactured at multiple locations across the globe
- Provide leadership in sustaining existing product lines
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 2 to 5 years of experience with complex products, product analysis and requirements engineering
- The ideal candidate will possesses a strong background in Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor degree or greater in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related field
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to convey ideas and concepts to a wide range of international audiences (USA, Germany, China & India) including the clinical community, product management and other engineers
- Positive attitude team player with ability to also work autonomously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Domestic and international travel required periodically (< 5%)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of system design principles
- Hands-on experience with integration of complex software and hardware systems
- Strong understanding of clinical diagnostic imaging use cases and workflows
- Demonstrates the ability to manage change in rapidly evolving situations
- Exhibits skills needed to bridge gaps between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with developing and executing system level verification tests
- Exposure to performing safety risk analyses
- Experience with 510K medical devices or other highly regulated environments
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.