Do you want to help shape the future of American transportation? Are you a self-motivated, creative communications professional who wants to help shape a new brand? Do you have experience with change management communications? If so, this new role may be right for you. As part of a global marketing communications team, this regional independent contributor role will shape the new brand of Yunex Traffic, a Siemens Mobility subsidiary, within the United States.
The position is also responsible for marketing communications, including marketing collateral, customer case studies, events, media relations, digital transmissions, and internal communications. Suppose you are an ambitious individual with experience in internal and external communications, able to work across a matrixed organization, and want to be involved in growing a new standalone company. In that case, we want you to join the Yunex Traffic team!
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain regional communications strategy for the newly established brand - Yunex Traffic
- Work closely with senior management to ensure strategy aligns with business strategy and sales opportunities.
- Work with global communications colleagues to ensure alignment of global priorities and regional priorities.
- Maintain budgetary alignment with communications strategy
- Create and maintain the corporate narrative, storylines, and key messages
- Manage internal communications for the U.S. in alignment with senior management and Human Resources
- Organize and develop content for townhalls, executive emails, and internal stories for different communication channels, such as Yammer, Siemens World, internal apps, and newsletters
- Media Relations
- Draft and distribute trade and business press releases
- Build relationships with essential trade and regional journalists, leading to proactive media opportunities
- Act as strategic media counselor and brand protector, providing media training and briefings
- Organize media events with customers
- Event Support
- Manage corporate event sponsorships in alignment with global communications colleagues
- Draft speeches and presentations for executive speaking opportunities
- Manage all aspects of large tradeshows, including managing vendors, booth layouts, identifying products to showcase, develop graphics and messaging, ordering show services, and customer events
- Draft and maintain content for the U.S. website and product pages
- Work with global colleagues to develop social media strategy relevant for U.S. customers, including drafting content.
- Develop and execute demand generation campaigns
- Marketing Communications
- Identify, develop and distribute customer case studies.
- Create customer videos, photographs, infographics, and other pieces of creativity that tell the Yunex Traffic story
- Develop product marketing collateral (brochures, pictures, flyers, etc.)
- Maintain brand consistency (rolling out global branding, localizing templates)
- Develop and execute Brand Campaigns for the new brand, including print, programmatic and social advertising
Your qualifications and experience
- 8-10 years’ experience in marketing communications, internal communication, and media relations
- Experience developing and executing regional marketing communications strategies
- Strategic counselor to senior management
- Proven media relations experience
- Traffic industry experience highly desired
- Broad understanding of marketing, advertising, and digital communications
- Strong event management experience
- Change management and internal communications experience
- Skilled writer
- Graphic design experience a plus (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Basic HTML knowledge a plus
- Focused and detailed oriented
- Independent and self-organized with experience working in a global setting, across time zones
- Skilled experience with Microsoft Planner, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to travel (up to 20%)
Location: Austin, TX
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the difference in our industry rather than react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.