Siemens Digital Industries Software is an engineering innovation company, with a proven track record in the area of experimental, numerical, and hybrid (mixed experimental-numerical) system engineering for noise, vibration, durability, and dynamics, performing substantial in-house research on advanced methods and applications.
We are a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services with seven million licensed seats and more than 71,000 customers worldwide. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software collaborates with companies to deliver open solutions, helping them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
Within the Test division, we are searching for a Software Developer to join our development team in Leuven, Belgium.
The Software Developer will support the development of a Process Automation Framework for the Simcenter Testlab software family for Multi-Physical Testing. This framework will support the automation of a wide range of customer processes, including data acquisition and data analytics. The framework will be strongly linked to the Simcenter Test Data Management solutions, be connected to the wider Simcenter or Siemens Digital Industries portfolio, and enable the integration of innovative data analytics. He/she will build out the Process Automation Framework, supports its industrialization process, and facilitate the integration into customer processes.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Take ownership of the core production code of the Process Automation Framework
- Perform code development to extend and mature the Process Automation Framework
- Take ownership and develop automated tests for the Process Automation Framework.
- Participate in developing TLConnect extensions
- Actively contribute in a team context to solve integration questions with Cloud services, ML, AI, user’s proprietary data storage, etc
- Actively contribute in a team context to setup CI/CD & DevOps workflow for the Process Automation Framework.
- Contribute to writing code samples & documentation on the Process Automation Framework
- Development languages: Experience with Java, .NET (Core). Knowledge of C++ is a benefit.
- Scripting languages like Python is benefit.
- Experience with Web frontend development like Angular or React.
- Experience with developing REST services and consuming REST APIs.
- Knowledge of containerization is a benefit.
- Able to read and interpret UML designs.
- Teamplayer, willing to share her/his opinion and contribute in analyzing and evaluating options for selecting the most appropriate software solution.
- Interest in a wide variety of software engineering and willing to familiarize with new technologies, programming environments and languages.
- Languages: Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing), other languages (Dutch, French) are an asset
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time