- Contributing to the Research and Development of the MBST real-time solutions in close cooperation with Product & Research Management:
- Research, development, deployment and testing of techniques and methods for physical/virtual testing and distributed bench testing (control algorithms, real-time co-simulation, etc.).
- Application and evaluation of those techniques and methods on different industrial use-cases.
- Contribute to MBST dissemination including writing of technical articles in industrial magazines.
- Identify and keep abreast of novel technologies and markets for MBST product innovation.
- Contributing to MBST research for product innovation in close cooperation with Research Management:
- Preparation and demonstration of internal and external research deliverables.
- Participation in the development, implementation and delivery of research project use-cases.
- Contribute to MBST dissemination: writing of international peer-reviewed scientific papers, participation in international conferences, participation in European research projects.
- Driving the advanced performance testing of real-time solutions
- University degree M.Sc. in Mechatronics, Mechanics, Electronics, Electrics or any other relevant field. A PhD or equivalent research experience is an asset.
- Experience in engineering activities including control algorithms, system-in-the-loop testing, hardware-in-the-loop testing, hybrid testing, co-simulation.
- Knowledge or experience in the development of real-time applications, embedded real-time operating systems, and real-time drivers.
- Able to work in a team as well as independently, accurate, methodical, result-oriented and fast-learner.
- Knowledge of digital buses (CAN bus, real-time fieldbuses (EtherCAT, PROFINET), etc.) is an asset.
- Knowledge of programming languages (C/C++, Python). Knowledge of other programming languages is an asset.
- Experience with numerical computing on conventional platforms as well as heterogeneous ones is an asset.
- Experience with simulation software (multibody simulation software, multi-physical simulation software, etc.) is an asset.
- Languages: Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing), other languages (Dutch, French, German) are an asset.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time