The world is constantly changing and we’re always thinking about what’s next. Can you help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow?
Concepts that make transport more efficient are in demand with the ever-increasing need for mobility. With our long-standing transport expertise and our IT know-how, we are constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions that increase availability of infrastructure, optimize throughput and improve passenger experience. It’s in how we electrify, automate and digitalize infrastructure that we’re setting the benchmark for tomorrow’s mobility – today.
Our team of over 3,000 professionals forms a meaningful part of the global network of about 17,500 software guides within Siemens. In India, we have offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Noida, and Pune.
What part will you play?
- Join the central project purchasing department of our Business Unit Rail Infrastructure / Electrification.
- You will act as a strategic purchaser (f/m/d) for projects in building, civil engineering and plant construction all over the world with a purchasing volume in the three-digit million range. Here you will work holistically from the initial request to the handover to the operational purchasing department (before the order is placed).
Use your skills to move the world forward
- You will develop purchasing and procurement strategies for the assembly/installation of automation components as well as Civil works activities from the business objectives and establish them globally.
- You will identify, qualify, and develop high-performance suppliers worldwide, build a portfolio of preferred suppliers and continuously optimize their performance.
- Therefore, you will visit our suppliers located on all five continents and negotiate in person in an international context.
- This includes cooperation and coordination at top management level at suppliers - and also internally.
- In addition, you will ensure global reporting and transparency in all key purchasing parameters in your area of responsibility.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
• You hold a university degree (master's degree / diploma) in an engineering discipline (e.g. industrial engineering, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, or electrical engineering).
• You also have several years of professional experience in strategic purchasing / category management.
• You have a background in plant engineering, construction industry or railway engineering.
• Furthermore, you are used to negotiating with international and top-class contacts.
• You have a fluent command of the English language. Additional language skills (e.g. German or Spanish) are an advantage.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- Competitive compensation
- An opportunity to shape the future of autonomous systems
- World-class researchers and engineers as team members
- We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time