*** Remote work is possible **** The Export Control Business Partner will assist in establishing, implementing and monitoring risk-based procedures to ensure compliance with export control requirements.
If you have a deep understanding of export control and sanctions regulations in US and EU, you should consider this role as your next career move.
Your responsibilities will involve:
- Collaborate with assigned businesses (legal entities, etc.) to communicate internal export control requirements and ensure adherence to obligations under applicable law and the Siemens Internal Control Program (“ICP”).
- Monitor new developments and changes for Export Control across the business and evaluate potential impacts on the business.
- Provide regular communication and training to the assigned businesses on relevant export control topics.
- Perform and record periodic export control spot checks, and work with the business to remediate issues identified.
- Determine export control classifications (ECCN, AL, other) for software and hardware products.
- Perform de-minimize calculations to identify products that are subject to the EAR.
- Document and implement technology control plans as necessary.
- Coordinate with other members of the DI SW Export Control team, as appropriate, solve export control-related matters.
- Report to management on Export Control-related topics relevant to the businesses supported.
- Drive continuous improvement around Export Control related topics through lean, optimized processes and effective controls.
- Resolve Export Control critical issues and execute approvals for certain higher-risk transactions.
- Collaborate with DI SW EX colleagues, as well as those within Siemens Regional Companies to obtain the necessary support for assigned businesses.
- Develop and communicate strategies for the assigned businesses to influence and affect change to improve compliance and facilitate harmonization of processes, methods, and standards.
- Be a trusted advisor to the business and handle issues related to Export Control.
- Master’s or similar higher-education degree
- Strong understanding of the Software industry
- Experience working with ERP systems (i.e. SAP, Oracle, other)
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office
- Understanding of Siemens Internal Control Program, a plus
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time