The world is constantly changing and we’re always thinking about what’s next. Can you help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow?
Concepts that make transport more efficient are in demand with the ever-increasing need for mobility. With our long-standing transport expertise and our IT know-how, we are constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions that increase availability of infrastructure, optimize throughput and improve passenger experience. It’s in how we electrify, automate and digitalize infrastructure that we’re setting the benchmark for tomorrow’s mobility – today.
Our team of over 3,000 professionals forms a meaningful part of the global network of about 17,500 software guides within Siemens. In India, we have offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Noida, and Pune.
What part will you play?
- Your way leads you into the central global purchasing department of our business unit for railway infrastructure.
- You will act as a Global Category Manager (f/m/d) for Telecommunication Solutions for international bids & projects all over the world - with a significant purchasing volume in the double-digit million Euro range.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- You will work holistically from the initial request to the handover to the operational purchasing department (before the order is placed).
- You will develop purchasing and procurement strategies for our business demands such as GSM-R, TETRA Radio, Backbone, CCTV Cameras etc.
- You will identify, qualify, and develop high-performance suppliers worldwide, build a portfolio of preferred suppliers and continuously optimize their performance.
- Therefore, you will visit our suppliers located on all five continents and negotiate in person in an international context.
- This includes cooperation and coordination at top management level at suppliers - and also internally.
- In addition, you will ensure global reporting and transparency in all key purchasing parameters in your area of responsibility.
- You will work in an international team setup with colleagues in various countries and with a diverse background.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You hold a university degree (master's degree / diploma) in an engineering discipline (e.g. telecommunication / network engineering, electrical engineering).
- You also have several years of professional experience in strategic purchasing / category management or project management.
- You have a strong background in engineering, information technology or railway engineering.
- Furthermore, you are used to negotiating with international and top-class contacts.
- You have strong communication skills, are fluent in English and have worked in an international context before. Other language skills (e.g. German, Spanish) are an advantage.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- Competitive compensation
- An opportunity to shape the future of autonomous systems
- World-class researchers and engineers as team members
- We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time