Siemens Digital Industries Software
Strategic Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
Currently we’re recruiting interns for our summer 2021 Strategic Student Program. Our internship program will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
• Currently enrolled as a university undergraduate student
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program• Authorized to work in the United States without the need for future or current sponsorship by the company
• Able to work remotely and full-time (40 hours/week) during summer 2021
• Paid volunteer time off
• Employee discounts at our top customer sites
• Networking with our global leaders
• Mentorship from senior engineers
• Individual career development planning
• Professional and technical workshops
• Energetic student community
• Leadership opportunities
Mainstream Engineering (ME) - Cloud Development Internship
Connected Design Solutions
The Mainstream Segment focuses on the design and engineering needs of Small and Medium Sized Manufacturing businesses. We have established desktop products such as Solid Edge and FEMAP that serve these needs in several Manufacturing industry segments. The Connected Design Solutions team in the Mainstream Segment provides cloud-based functionality to augment functionality delivered through desktop products. Solutions are delivered in cloud-native form and as cloud-based applications connected to desktop products. Our team builds and operates these cloud-based services and solutions, and validates features for a web-based service, while operating in an agile scrum environment.
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student majoring in Computer Science or related engineering field with prior coding experience
• Prior AWS experience beneficial
• Comfortable with and interested in web-based client-server architecture and common web API models
• Pre-junior status preferred
• Capable of working in a highly collaborative environment
• Able to quickly understand new concepts or ideas, research new technologies, and present findings in a regular status update
• Passionate, driven, and proactive
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Effective organizational and time management skills
• Desire to continuously improve and learn about new areas
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Inspires collaboration
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.