This position is for an Application Support Engineer - Associate who will function as Operations Customer Support for the Siemens Digital Exchange (S-DEX).
The S-DEX is Siemens’ ecommerce marketplace that seamlessly connects our customers (buyers) to catalogs of Siemens and third-party sellers’ software products and services, where customers can try products for free, easily purchase products and services, access and lead their accounts, and chat with sales representatives (US only).
A successful Operations Customer Support candidate brings a strong eye for business and customer obsession, as well as technical and software experience. They represent the voice of S-Dex in Tier 1 and 2 support for its sellers and buyers, working with these parties to efficiently guide them through their purchasing journeys on the S-DEX. This position requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills. Applicants should have experience working directly with internal and external customers in a technical setting to research, troubleshoot and resolve issues. In addition, this position involves working with Product Managers, QA Analysts, Development and Operation Managers in both resolving issues and proposing improvements to the buyer’s experience.
This position is within the DEX team (DI SW CAS DCO DEX);
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Work directly with S-DEX customers to handle their needs as they progress with their purchasing journeys on S-DEX
- Log and troubleshoot customer issues to resolution including escalations and handoff to cross-functional teams
- S-DEX customers include internal Siemens DI SW business segments primarily, other Siemens business units, 3rd party sellers and external customers of Siemens;
- Contribute to product improvements with the program management and development team(s) to define solutions approaches and delivery schedules
- Work with business and QA analysts to define and validate specific scenarios as relevant to projects and in support of troubleshooting
- Anticipate bottlenecks, find opportunities, run risk and partner concerns, and balance the business and user needs versus technical constraints
- Clearly and optimally communicate with all stakeholders, including management
- Drive process and tooling improvements to increase visibility, efficiency and output quality
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in customer support or project management
- Hands on experience implementing software solutions, troubleshooting, and providing support
- Experience within an agile development framework
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills with high attention to detail including detailed and effective customer communications
- Ability to work autonomously in a highly fast paced and often ambiguous environment, with attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external customers of varying technical abilities
- Experience with Salesforce.com and its B2BCommerce module as well as Case Management is helpful
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.