Building Products Americas (BP AM) is part of the global Building Products Business Unit organization and has responsibility for all business segments, functions and regional business activities in the US and Canada. This includes the local go-to-market activities, Product Management for local and global portfolio elements, R&D Centers for Software and Hardware in Buffalo Grove (IL), Chicago (IL), Florham Park (NJ), and the Buffalo Grove Manufacturing & Logistics operations.
The Head of BP Americas has full business & leadership responsibility and sets and executes the strategy to achieve profitable growth across the entire portfolio. The ideal candidate is able to inspire the team, connect easily and build relationships with internal and external relationships and be a strong change agent. The incumbent will report to the global BP CEO and locally to the Head of SI US. The position will be located in Buffalo Grove, IL.
- Ensures key performance metrics are on track and achieved including order intake, revenue, profit, cash flow, SG&A, productivity
- Drives customer orientation across the organization and delivers on commitments
- Accelerates profitable growth along all channels by leveraging best practices and go-to-market strategies from within BP globally and SI US
- Leads, motivates and develops a leadership team capable of delivering excellence and highest performance in all functions driving employee engagement and productivity; creates a culture of openness and trust
- Ensures excellent collaboration with HQ and other regional businesses and builds strong and trustful partnerships across the organization
- Drives agility and creative solutions to win in changing markets and to build future-proof business models
- Ensures business continuity amidst changing work force dynamics
Required Skills, Knowledge and Education
- Bachelor’s degree (or educational equivalent); MBA preferred
- 10+ years business experience
- Proven track record managing P&L and successful business performance
- Experience leading large, distributed teams and driving a high-performance culture
- Proven ability to work successfully in a multi-national environment and a matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to drive the organization to think and act in ways that enhance efﬁciency and effectiveness while encouraging new technologies and how work is done
- Excitement and drive for change while being empathetic to a successful organizations’ culture
- Lead and proactively drive change and deliver compelling message to secure commitment and buy-in
- Inspire and motivate others to deliver results
- Driven by impact and foster a winning spirit
- Effective communication, presentation and networking skills up to executive level
- Ability to navigate global, highly matrixed organizations including processes and shaping the culture
- Value and promote a diverse workforce while ensuring employee engagement across all levels
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.