Siemens “Technology” department occupies an outstanding position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities in Germany, USA, China, India, Russia, Japan and Eastern Europe, Technology helps secure the company's technological future and strengthen its ambition.
Siemens’ Autonomous Systems and Control Research Group’s goal is to accelerate autonomous vehicle deployments in the real world. The research group develops state of the art algorithms and tools across the autonomy stack (e.g. perception, planning, mapping, etc.), participates in AV standards development and validates AV deployments. our goal is to work on topics that are business relevant to deliver outstanding positive experiences for Siemens customers and users by demonstrating the potentials of the technologies. Join our growing team!
Change the future with us
We are looking for an upbeat and hardworking Research Scientist to join our Autonomous Systems and Control R&D team in Bangalore with the following responsibilities:
• Drive the perception portfolio for Automated Driving Systems
• Clearly communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments, and decisions
• Conceptualize core perception algorithms such as object detection, tracking, segmentation, and sensor fusion algorithms for LiDAR, Radar and Camera
• Drive the development of tools and infrastructure to verify and evaluate the performance of the perception stack and track metrics over time
• Prototype and deploy robust and reliable solutions to ground breaking perception problems
• Develop cutting-edge machine learning detectors, models, and algorithms operating on visual data
• Investigate, develop different architecture for fusion of multiple sensor
• Fuse different sensor data for pose estimation Kalman filters, EKF, UKF, particle filters, etc.
What you need to make real what matters.
• Qualifications: Ph.D. in Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Vision, multi-sensor perception or related fields from premier institutes
• Publications in relevant conferences, journals on Perception Technology
• Experience: 5-10 years of hands on industrial experience in ADS Perception
• Knowledge of software development capabilities in C++/Python
• Experience in two or more of the following areas: (a) Multi Sensor fusion (b) Multi Object tracking (c) Computer Vision (d) Robotics (e) Deep learning models like CNN/RCNN
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with multi-disciplinary teams working together to create the next chapters of innovation and impact.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds