Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €9.1 billion and had around 38,500 employees worldwide. Further information is available at: www.siemens.com/mobility
We are looking for a dedicated and well organised Senior Software Developer, with a passion for developing innovative software solutions and delivering new products in a dynamic environment. If you value flexibility around working arrangements, opportunity for career development for yourself and others, and pragmatic support then this role is for you. The position will be based in our office in Belmont, Perth.
As a senior software developer in the Software Kernel team, you will be responsible for design, implementation, and maintenance of core software components in the Vehicle Measurement software. You will report to the Software Kernel Team Lead and work alongside 10 other team members in different locations around the world including, Perth, UK, and India. Our work is solution and systems Engineering, working together to design and realise product solutions through the whole PLM lifecycle: sales, concepts, bids, design, manufacture, testing and customer acceptance.
Areas of Responsibility
· Design and implementing software solutions
· Maintaining existing software
· Task estimation, and delivery of software within project timeframes
· Ensure your code meets coding standards, participate in code review and the continual development of the team principles.
· 5+ years of commercial C++ experience
· Strong design and implementation skills
· Experience with SVN and GIT
· Excellent problem-solving skills and core developer knowledge, e.g. algorithms, design patterns, data structures etc.
· Excellent communication skills, able to discuss a wide range of topics with all members of the organisation
· Self-motivated with a drive to succeed
· Problem-solving and multitasking
· Bachelor’s Degree in software engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Maths, Physics or equivalent
· Software development in a Linux environment
· Unit testing
· Exposure to standards and documenting designs to comply with those standards
· Embedded software development
· Working in Agile development environment
Benefits & Culture
· Flexible working arrangements
· Career, professional & personal development
· National & International opportunities
· Positive, inclusive, and relaxed working environment
· Industry leading parental leave package
· Novated Leasing available
· Discounts on Goods & Services
· Siemens Share Options
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments. This position is only open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time