- Researches, writes and creates excellent and relevant speeches, presentation and other sensitive materials for the Siemens Managing Board to deliver to internal and external audiences, whilst ensuring alignment with the company’s strategy and communications positioning
- Develops and executes on a wide range of editorial projects for external and internal audiences including: editing speeches, talking points, white papers, opinion pieces and other stakeholder communications
- Writes, edits op-eds, articles, and commentaries published under the Siemens Managing Board member’s byline
- Develops original approaches for speeches and communications, incorporating Siemens strategies and philosophies and clearly articulating the visions and ideas of the Siemens Managing Board for a range of audiences, including journalists, government and legislative leaders, capital markets professionals, and other professional organizations.
- Collaborates closely with the relevant Siemens businesses, governance units and/or Board Member Offices, and within the Communications function, to develop speech content and other communications.
- Support Managing Board Member(s) at internal and external events by preparing and accompanying them
- Analyzes and solicits feedback from the relevant stakeholders/audiences on the effectiveness of statements or speeches
- Provides guidance and leadership to less experienced team members, acting as a coach and/or mentor
- You have a university degree or equivalent in humanities or a similar field
- In addition, you have many years of experience in executive speechwriting and/or journalism, with an excellent understanding of economic and business-related issues
- You have excellent writing and editing skills with proven speech writing and opinion piece skills
- You are a critical thinker capable of synthesizing complex ideas and putting together crisp, logical and effective arguments
- Effective organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with limited supervision and adhere to specified, and time-critical deadlines
- Strong research (and fact-checking) and attention to detail mindset
- Ability to create and write speeches / materials that are personally and professionally representative of the Siemens Managing Board member(s)
- Effective interpersonal skills, oral and written communications, and an ability to translate research into language that the target audience can understand
- Poised and self-confident; role model for change and transformation in a fast-changing and dynamic environment
- Integrative personality and strong team player, who is also creative and innovative and not afraid to challenge the status quo
- English proficiency at the level of a native speaker and excellent German skills complete your profile.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, e.g., Word, Powerpoint, as well as internet research skills
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time