What does your future team look like?
Your future team has 6 – 10 software developers who are all working together under an agile methodology. The goal of the team is to develop cyber-security platform that will be eventually used in all devices across Siemens Mobility. It is our job to make sure that all devices which control trains can’t be vulnerable to cyber-security attacks.
The developed platform is all based on Debian GNU/Linux and our applications for security and diagnostics features are written in C++. We have a fully established CI process using Gitlab CI for our automatic tests and build. While working with us, you might also encounter technologies such as: Python (for scripting and testing), Rust (for our latest applications), gRPC, cpputest, systemd, boost and many cyber-security topics such as PKI certificates, TLS (with openSSL), signatures and security hardening.
What will be your role:
- This is a role for leadership, design and mentorship in combination with writing code and implementing proof of concepts
- Grow and lead engineering team to deliver cyber-security systems and platforms
- Provide technical direction and audit design decisions of the team
- Cultivate best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work in agile environment
- Work closely with the product management to define and execute the roadmap
- Participate in design and development of C++ applications
What do you need to become a part of our team:
- 5+ years experience in software development
- Management or technical leadership experience
- Good knowledge of programming language C++
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Coaching experience
- English for everyday communication
What would we appreciate if you have extra:
- Good knowledge of Linux
- Experience with cyber-security
- Knowledge of Python or Rust
What can you look forward to with us:
- Interesting R&D projects realized in cooperation with foreign Siemens Mobility development centers
- Professionally equipped working environment and laboratories
- Open opportunities in expert and management career growth
- A joining bonus of CZK 50,000
- Up to 33 days of paid leave
- Organize your working hours to suit you (you should always be at your desk between 10 am and 2 pm)
- The possibility to work from home for a better work-life balance (in the case of working from home, an allowance of 100 CZK/day)
- A company kindergarten near the workplace
- A personal annual budget of CZK 24,000 or 48,000 (depending on seniority), which can be used for various leisure activities in our cafeteria
And that's not all. What more can we offer you? Click here: https://www.siemens.cz/mobilityjobs/en/employee-benefits
If the topic of sustainable transport and modern transport-related solutions is close to your heart, then you're one of us! 🚆🚦😉
We are an R&D center located in Prague and our goal is to develop a new generation of devices to control railway traffic. The modernization of the railway tracks is a trending topic worldwide and we are offering them modern, digitalized solutions such as a distributed network of railway control modules, train onboard devices, or a completely new concept of level-crossing.
Our Prague department consists of more than 100 developers, testers, and other technical experts. We are developing both software and hardware products with full product responsibility. We take care of the complete development process – from architecture concepts to final validation.
Is your CV not ready or do you need more information? 🙋♀️🙋♂️ Contact me at 📧 firstname.lastname@example.org or here: www.linkedin.com/in/janaholasova, where I share more about current company activities and our projects. I will be happy to add you to my contacts for potential future cooperation! 😉
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Either