General Summary of the Job:
Performs analyses of existing and potential competition and markets for the organization's customers, products and services. Additionally, collects and provides insight and analysis on technical product information for company management, and the greater corporation (including sales). May also participate with industry analysts and internal marketing, sales and technical experts. Works on projects of large scope. Position is professional level and operates under minimal level of supervision. Will regularly prepare and/or give presentations which may include project updates and results to management (including the executive levels of the organization).
• Evaluates the strength and weaknesses of competitor’s market position and product offerings
• Performs a variety of research projects and market/competitive analysis
• Conducts primary research as required
• Incorporates reliable secondary research into projects as necessary
• Uses project management skills and techniques on assigned projects
• Develops executive presentations, analyses and reports as required.
• Gathers, analyzes and reports on internal/external financial data as required
• Coaches and guides others in competitive research techniques, data analysis and use of data
• Leads project teams to complete research projects as necessary
Skills and Abilities Required:
• Possesses analytic, business, marketing and engineering knowledge or background
• Exhibits attention to detail in work product
• Practices program and project management skills
• Capable of driving assignments to completion within given schedule requirements
• Ensures proper prioritization of work with focus on measurable outcomes and value to the business
• Exhibits strong collaborative problem-solving skills in order to overcome obstacles and adjust to changing requirements
• Exhibits clear and effective written and verbal communication
• Demonstrates exceptional skills in preparing and delivering presentations
• Team player, able to juggle multiple work streams with matrixed resources and goals
• Ability to work effectively with ambiguity
• Capable of understanding, discussing and communicating engineering and highly technical topics with associated marketing and strategic planning strategies
• Project team leadership
• Develop sound research methodologies and practices as required
Education and Experience Requirement:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, additional education or experience in Marketing or Business
• 10+ year accumulative experience in product engineering, software development or marketing in CAE (Structural, Fluids Strength & Durability, etc.) for Automotive, Aero & Defense, Industrial or Heavy equipment, Electronic, & semiconductors, Consumer Products & Retail, Energy, Medical and Marine.
• Having been a former user of simulation software a preference
• Ability to travel 10-15%
• Must have strong; communication skills, both oral and written, time management and be proficiency with MS office products
• Must have good analytic skills, able to compile information from various of sources to develop an overall understanding of a competitor
• Must be self-motivated
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• Low to Moderate travel may be required
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.