Siemens Mobility Rail Division has an immediate opening for an experienced Lead Mechanical Engineer / Designer at their Sacramento, California Facility. The candidate will have the ability to help lead the design and production of our Passenger Coach Cars. We are looking for professionals with the drive to work in the high paced rail industry to build new and innovative designs for our future vehicles.
In this role, you will assist the Engineering Department personnel to assure proper execution of the design, compliance with industry standards and customer specifications. Requires the ability to create complex parts, assemblies, and bills of material. Must be detail oriented and take ownership of projects. Must be able to work independently on projects to troubleshoot technical issues with minimal supervision. Must be able to develop conceptual designs and lead others to implement the final solution.
- Lead & Execute (individually or as member of an engineering team) customized production orders under minimum supervision, utilizing industry standards and best engineering practices.
- Provide drafting support to engineers on submittals, and as-built drawings. This includes the design of new components, modification of mechanical drawings, and incorporate field or customer-based changes.
- Lead and manage large complex PTC Creo 3.0 / PDMLink or higher 3D assemblies. This entails creating, setting up, copying, managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting.
- Lead and provide cross-functional support with other design leads, designers and System Engineers while supporting multiple simultaneous projects and platform designs.
- Support the Project / Platform Drawing Tree creation and updates.
- Support the procurement, manufacturing, and testing cycles.
- Bachelor's degree in related field with 5 or more years of similar work experience (preferred)
- Associate Degree in related field with 10 or more years of similar work experience
- PTC Creo 3.0 / PDMLink or equivalent with a minimum 5 years of experience.
- Rolling Stock experience, a minimum of 3 to 5 years; preferable in Coach Design.
- Sheet metal and welded Steel Structures design experience
- Large and small welded and/or bolted assemblies design experience
- Mechanical / Electrical integration experience
- Fiberglass and plastic part design experience
- Experience with corrosion protection (ie. Paint, Powder Coat, anodizing, zinc plating)
- Experience creating bill of materials and work instructions
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, interfacing with factory workers
- Experience with communicating with suppliers and customers, internal and external
- Experience with creating and presenting designs for internal and external customer design reviews
- AutoCAD (2D models and drawings for legacy projects)
- PTC CREO 3.0 or higher sheet metal, piping, surfacing and advanced modeling experience
- Windchill or similar Product Lifecycle Management software (PLM)
- SAP Experience (Releasing work packages using Engineering Change Requests (ECR) and Engineering Change Notices (ECN, ECO)
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.