Manager – IT Procurement (Software Engineering (SWE)) – Siemens Ltd.
Siemens is looking for a professional regional commodity manager – Software engineering who will be responsible for global strategic IT Procurement activities, striving for optimum conditions on an excellent supplier base through pooling volumes and common strategies. Improving the value contribution through an ideal supplier base. Strong & close alignment with Global Commodity Management. Member of the SWE PuC (Purchase Council) in Germany which requires a close cooperation with the global representative of the main users of the business. This position will also act as a backup for the GCM in the related PuC meetings.
The position requires solid ability to develop and maintain key relationships across the Siemens organization, establish and handle supplier relationships, and to interact and communicate effectively with Siemens’ management. The ideal candidate must have the ability to self-manage workload, handle multiple projects in parallel, set target dates, meet deadlines, follow processes, develop a roadmap of projects, and implement projects to achieve optimum results.
Change the future with us!
Role and ResponsibilityAnalysis:
- Demand analysis: handle and maintain global deal-book.
- Market analysis: supervise market, identify market trends and prepare summary documents, incorporate region specifics e.g. US market, European market, Asian market
- Supplier analysis: "Scout" to identify, develop and provide transparency of existing industrialized services; provide and maintain standardized Supplier Dossiers
- Procurement Strategy: implement global sourcing strategy in close alignment with Global Commodity Management
- Supplier Strategy: ensure usage of globally defined preferred suppliers / Value IT Suppliers
- Pooling Strategy: support cross-IT business area, cross country and/or cross technology bundling in close alignment with business units
- Contribute to global Commodity strategy: Participate in the definition and update of the Commodity Strategy Master. implement and communicate the strategy
- Offshoring Strategy: Define and implementation support of an offshoring strategy considering the special requirements of the different business and locations. Support an offshoring implementation strategy of the business units
- Ensure adherence to internal Processes. This includes appropriate documentation, updating and maintaining the respective procurement tools in a timely manner. Preparation of Management Presentations and Customer concern Documents
- RfI/RfQ, e-biddings Tenders: support global tender processes, support end to end process from RfP to negotiating and contracting in line with the decision of the PuC
- Coordinate and support global sourcing projects as requested by Global Commodity Manager to increase offshoring ratio
- Update and maintain Contract data base upload contracts to SharePoint or to respective procurement tools. Monitor contracts, extend or cancel contracts, depending on strategic decision from IT and/or Commodity Management.
- All activities in a strategic approach as a support function to the business which keeps the sole and final sourcing decision
- Implementation of new requirements with the existing and new supplier base like cybersecurity requirement, sustainability requirements etc.
- Support the implementation and use of work packages, Agile working structure etc. by the related business units
- With the support of the Pooling organization define and implement digital sourcing tools e.g. ACSE, Qlik etc.
- Cleansing of the used ESN structure to the assigned PVO
- Support the implementation of governmental requirements by updating contracts
- Perform spend analysis, create, maintain & report KPIs and dashboards, e.g. spend by commodity, by IT business area, by supplier, etc…
- Support achievement of targets in terms of CNI, CNI+, Processes, PTE etc
- Supplier Evaluation: perform supplier evaluations, derive development actions in close alignment with GCM
- Supplier Development: implementation of defined development measures and requirements
- Support External Sustainability Audits by analyzing audit reports and undertake required actions on the respective supplier premises in order to successfully close the audit
- Develop a digital supplier performance cockpit with the support of Germany
- Digital transparency of domain know-how and cost/location of the different supplier
- Supplier base consolidation and optimization
- Perform and maintain supplier qualifications in procurement tool
- Support IT in topics such as Claim Management, Risk Management and Contract Management
- You are a Graduate/ Post Graduate with engineering background is must. MBA will be an added advantage.
- You bring 10 to 13 years of professional experience in IT procurement/ procurement related function. In depth knowledge of IT Provider market in the IT Commodities: Software engineering, Embedded systems, IT Consulting, Application Management. Experience of managing large global IT providers.
- Deep experience in Procurement processes. Fast adaption of Siemens internal Procurement processes and tools. This role will be interacting with peers globally and thus involves experience of working with different cultures and working in multi-cultural teams.
- You have phenomenal interpersonal skills. You’re a self-starter who takes accountability of responsibilities, independent & self-motivated, have superb communication skills, are grounded, transparent, hardworking and have a vibrant personality & friendly attitude.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Pune or Kharghar (Navi Mumbai). But you’ll also get to visit other locations in India and globe, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in! All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.Find out more about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Supply Chain Management
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time