Role: Software Engineer
Electrical Energy keeps the world moving. No matter where the power comes from or where it needs to go we make sure it makes its way.
Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Grids and Infrastructure team as a Software Developer and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
What will the future look like? What can we look forward to? We don´t know for sure. That´s why we need true pioneers who, while exploring the world of research and development, trigger innovative projects and come up with unusual paths towards a solution – our drive to make the “impossible” possible has no limits! This is your chance: drive global change with us.
What part will you play!
- If you are someone who aspires to design and implement scalable, distributed, and resilient backend systems, we might just have a right position for you.
- This position is with the most preferred meter data management system EnergyIP®.
- You will be working with advanced feature of programming language. Reading and debugging the open source software will be just like another day in the office.
- You get to work as part of an awesome, collaborative, and talented team that takes pride in building a useful and elegant product.
- We partner with Product Management, UX designers, Product Support, Product Implementation, Product Testing and Documentation teams to continuously build a better experience for our customers.
- Software Engineer contributes to the design, development, support, and maintenance of various components of EnergyIP® product.
- Works as an independent contributor and actively participates in the design process with the leads and architects. Requires good knowledge in Core Java and related technologies.
- Takes full ownership of assigned EnergyIP® components/applications.
- Design and Development of various components of EnergyIP®
- Write Unit test cases for the components developed
- Integration testing of the components developed with other EnergyIP® product components, if required.
- Bug fixes / Maintenance of the components developed as well as any other components of EnergyIP® assigned.
- Design Documentation and customer Facing Documentation
Use your skills to move the world forward!
- We need a graduate - BE in Computer Science or equivalent with 3 to 5 years of experience in developing software applications using Java and database technologies.
- Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills.
- Good knowledge in Core Java, Advance Java (JMX, Multithreading, Java Memory Model, Garbage Collection, Class Loading, Generics, Annotations, Advanced JDBC)
- Strong knowledge in OOAD
- Ability to debug complex Java and database applications, read and debug the open source software
- Knowledge and Experience in Web Services (REST, SOAP), Messaging technologies (Kafka), Spring (AOP, Dependency Injection, Transactions, JTA, Spring JDBC)
- Good knowledge of software development life cycle and good written and oral communication skills
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Noida. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time