Presales Solution Consultant I – SIEMENS Mindsphere
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens MindSphere® is the leading industrial IoT as a service solution. Using advanced analytics and AI, MindSphere powers IoT solutions from the edge to the cloud with data from connected products, plants and systems to optimize operations, create better quality products and deploy new business models. MindSphere empowers customers, partners and the Siemens organization to quickly build and integrate personalized IoT applications.
Job Profile/Position Overview
This position is part of the MindSphere Presales team, which is responsible for providing technical sales
consulting support to the sales teams. The team typically conducts IoT discovery consulting with customers to lay out the customer use cases and create overall solution architecture and at the same time, identify what constitutes a POC (Proof of Concept). The team is also responsible to deliver and execute these POC projects and help the customer achieve POV (Proof of Value). Some of such projects include the On-Prem deployment of cloud infrastructures to critical facilities that include US Government.
As customers implement on the platform, you will directly support customers in addressing any issues that arise, build strong relationships with their technical teams, and work closely the account team to ensure growth of customer usage.
- Elucidate and document customer challenges (both technical and business) and goals.
- Scope, plan and execute demos and proofs-of-concept as required to ensure prospects clearly understand the value which can be generated by the MindSphere platform in their organization.
- Build relationships as a trusted advisor to technical stakeholders including developers, DevOps, IT staff, support, services, etc.
- Understand and help sell solutions to address high level business problems, which incorporate our technology. In many cases, this will involve engaging with large, multi-divisional businesses.
- Partner with the account team to craft compelling business cases which highlight the value of the Siemens solution.
- Develop quick Proof Of Concepts (POC) to prove or disprove the solution approach
- Help productize the POC applications for scale once proven successful
- Understand the competition and use knowledge to effectively position Siemens MindSphere to win.
- Operate under supervision from senior members of the team
- Recent graduate (In the last 6 mo), with Computer Science or equivalent as a Major
· Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now, or in the future, for employment in the USA. Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the USA. This is due to the client’s top-security requirement for all onsite visitors.
- Ability to work in customer facing environment with excellent communication skills
- Hands-on technical problem-solving experience
- Thorough knowledge on Cloud Platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Hands on experience in Core Application Development Languages (e.g. Java, Python, C/C++, C# .Net etc.)
- Data Management (e.g. SQL Server/Oracle, NoSQL, ETL platforms) Experience
- Other Development technologies, languages and frameworks is a plus (e.g. Node.js, AngularJS, RESTful Services)
- Business Analytics, Analytics / Machine Learning tools such as R, SAS, Tableau, or Spotfire is a plus
- Knowledge of Industrial Protocols is a plus (e.g. Modbus, Profibus, OPC etc.)
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.