Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Supports standard design, maintenance, enhancement, testing implementation, and support of software. Provides support with the development of software test requirements for standard modules under development, may execute standard test specifications. Advises in providing estimates for standard modules under development and may estimate own work. Provides support in reviewing standard customers' standards specification and other documentation to determine software engineering requirements. Independently performs basic tasks and functions for professional field of work. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from others. Identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is not difficult or complex.
- Design, Develop, implement, and maintain fire industry solutions
- Assist develop cutting edge embedded system solution blocks using the latest tools and platforms.
- Assist in embedded application architecture design and development
- Bachelor's degree in system, electrical or software engineering discipline or computer science from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience working in related field
- Expert in one or more programming languages (e.g., C++, Java, C#, etc…)
- Understanding and skills in software design and code, including Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD)
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic / collaborative environment (e.g.., open seating arrangement)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- 5+ years of professional experience
- BS (or MS) in Computer Engineering
- Operating Systems (e.g., UNIX/Linux and/or Windows and .Net, Android)
- Development Methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, and or Iterative)
- Architecture (e.g., Web Services and/or SOA)
- Development languages (e.g., Objective C, Android SDK, C++, Java/J2EE, and/or C#)
- Database tools and design (e.g., Accumulo/HDFS, Oracle, Postgres, SQL, MongoDB, AllegreGraph, NoSQL, RDF, and/or SPARQL
- Development tools and services (e.g., MS Visual Studio, Eclipse, jBuilder, Spring Framework, jBoss, Hibernate, Apache, Tomcat, Maven, and/or automated test tools)
- User Interface development tools
- Configuration Management tools (e.g., ClearCase, Subversion, and/or Git)
- Algorithm development
- Basic understanding of Software Security
- Open Source, cloud and virtualization software and services
- Familiarity with current Web UI frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation, Angular, and/or Ember
- Familiarity with/exposure to FishEye, Jenkins (building continuous integration jobs), Nexus, W3c standards, Ontology development, Open Linked data
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
'At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds'
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.