Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €9.1 billion and had around 38,500 employees worldwide. Further information is available at: www.siemens.com/mobility
Siemens Mobility has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Safety Specialist to join our team, which could be based in one of main offices located in Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne. The Electrical Safety Specialist is responsible for coordinating and supporting the work of Technical nominees/supervisors in meeting our license obligations and to provide oversight and governance to Siemens Electrical Safety Program.
- Provide advice to business nominees and managers on the roles and responsibilities to ensure electrical compliance and that compliance documentation is completed and submitted to regulators as required by law.
- Have the qualifications or the ability to obtain an Electrical Contractors Licence on behalf of the business in the required jurisdictions of Australia as required.
- Develop and maintain Electrical Safety and Compliance procedures and processes.
- Carry out programmed internal audits on the implementation of the Electrical Safety Program.
- Lead the investigation of significant electrical safety incidents.
- Represent Siemens externally to electrical safety regulators and other key stakeholders.
- Conduct regular internal auditing of electrical work and report on the findings
- Investigating electrical incidents.
Skills & Experience
- An electrical practitioner with at least 10 years’ experience
- Formal training and qualification as an Electrical Inspector or similar role would be desirable
- Licensed Electrician, with at least 5 years supervisory experience.
- Rail signalling or industrial experience especially in safety critical systems.
- Experienced in use of MS Word and Excel etc.
- Be able to write detailed reports and procedures.
- Self-motivated with a high level for detail.
- Be a good team player and communicator at all levels.
Benefits & Culture
· Flexible working arrangements
· Career, professional & personal development
· National & International opportunities
· Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
· Industry leading parental leave package
· Novated Leasing available
· Discounts on Goods & Services
· Siemens Share Options
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time