Within Siemens Smart Infrastructure, the Energy Performance and Services (EPS) team designs and develops Energy Management Programs for its major Industrial and Infrastructure customers. Based on a strategic analysis, these programs articulate turnkey projects and services enabling our clients to drastically improve their energy performance and environmental impact.
We’re looking to empower people who is driven by excellence, ingenuity, and responsibility; eager to develop by taking on these exciting challenges and contribute to this growing team in France. Is this you? We invite you to join our team!
What can you expect from this opportunity?
As Commercial Project Manager (CPM), you will be responsible for the completion of all project commercial and financial related matters throughout the entire project life cycle (incl. sales, planning, forecasting, controlling, performance measurement and reporting.
Your primary contacts include EPS SWEU management, Sales Managers, Project Managers (PMs), Engineers, Customers, Suppliers, Procurement Managers, Performance Controlling Department, Legal Department, CF Tax, Financial Services, other Finance/BA colleagues, Country management, internal & external Auditors, as well as other Support Functions.
You will be given the opportunity to:
Manage the project throughout the entire Life Cycle (from bid phase till end of execution)
- Drive own empowerment with adequate signature authorization and project target KPIs to manage the project as commercial project entrepreneur – primary projects to be worked categorized as “C” projects (project target size over 0.5M€).
- During sales phase, lead (together with the Sales Manager) all commercial aspects of the bid: contract analysis, cost calculation, cashflow projections, business models, financing concepts, risks and opportunities, bonds, terms of payment, credit rating, insurances, taxes, non-technical requirements, compliance, etc.
- Ensure an adequate management of sales phase (incl. handover), analyze customers’ requirements, examine their commercial and contractual feasibility and transferability, incl. ECC and logistics matters (if applicable).
- Relationship management for her/his area of responsibility with key external and internal stakeholders (i.e. customers, consortium partners, Management, Legal, CF, SFS, etc.).
- Handle external commercial bid documents (e.g. bid bonds, power of attorney, certifications, legalizations and other, customer specific documents) and prepare, present, and acquire commercial sales/bid process approvals (i.e. LoA) and respective quality gates (if applicable).
- Support the Sales Manager in driving and optimizing targeted financial results with due professional care (e.g. project gross profit, cash flow, assets, and financing instruments).
- Participate in negotiation of commercial customer Terms and Conditions and consortium contracts with the applicable guidelines, and drive the review and evaluation of all attachments, in coordination with the relevant departments (e.g. Legal, SFS, Taxes, etc.).
- Lead Procurement together with the PM by timely involving the responsible Project Procurement Manager to ensure that the purchase orders are based on the best available bids and are within the set budget.
- Ensure consistent Terms and Conditions with suppliers/subcontractors in accordance with the end-customer contract. Supports Project Manager in the selection and involvement of partners / subcontractors.
- Coordinate other contractual requirements (e.g., performance guarantees, insurances, taxes, sureties) to achieve contract commitments.
- Direct the compliance to standards, rules and regulations of project members (sales & execution) to act according to the Business Conduct Guidelines and establishes a culture of trust and integrity (e.g. adherence of tax regulations, Signature rights, segregation of duties, EHS), Legal and Compliance, HR, external auditors, etc.
- Act as a sparring partner to the PM and challenging him/her to ensure Project Quality based on PM@Siemens Guidelines and achievement of project goals (Revenue, Margin, SG&A, etc.). Lead the customer's requirements and expectations with the PM.
- Handle risks, contractual and claim aspects during project development together with Sales Manager by ensuring compliance with LoA guidelines for commercial aspects, e.g. risk management process.
- Together with the PM organization, proactively set up an effective Contract and Claim management in the project, including involvement and cooperation with the assigned Contract Manager or Legal expert when needed.
- Implement and drive measures together with the PM to leverage opportunities to improve the project performance, e.g. through claims and variation management relating to the scope of the project.
- Obtain verification and approval of variations prior to submittal to the customer ensuring appropriate costing and pricing in accordance with PM@Siemens Guidelines.
- Provide insights of project performance to management.
- Influence team to take positive action and accountability for the assigned work.
Handle Project Finance
- Ensure the accuracy of cost and pricing calculation as well as overall project books and records (incl. WBS structure in line with agreed project budget and contractual arrangements), in appropriate systems (e.g. SAP, PMCT, etc.)
- Take responsibility for full compliance of project accounting and reporting with Siemens FRG and local GAAP requirements, as well as overall compliance with internal controls, export control, signature authorities.
- Ensure the correctness of the financial project set up and a financial performance plan for the project based on the planned delivery schedule for the offered scope during the sales phase and manage it throughout the project execution phase.
- Implement and closely monitor revenue recognition: actual vs plan, degree of completion, cost to complete, total forecasted costs vs planned.
- Perform financial planning, forecasting, controlling, applicable requirements for month end activities, reconciliation of project cash flow, constant deviation analysis. Ensure data integrity between SAP back-end and specific front-end tools (e.g. PMCT).
- Timely issue customer invoices in close coordination with PMs, keeping a strong focus on managing Account Receivables and Project Cash Flow. Actively communicate with customer's commercial representatives and/or suppliers solving of commercial issues.
- Ensure the application and the continuous management of financial models, guarantees, bonds, and project securities, if applicable.
- Constantly assess risks and opportunities, and their impact either in the risk register and/or in the gross margin and propose measures to prevent negative margin slippage due to risks that could be fully or partially mitigated.
- Identify, minimize non-conformance costs, and establish a proper reporting structure; support the implementation of lessons learned into own project and the organization in general.
- Prepare commercial documentation for regular project status meetings and ensures the accuracy of the commercial project data (i.e. FC, cash flow).
- Act as the Financial business partner of Head of EPS FR and the main point of contact for EPS FR with Performance Controlling as well as with other Central Functions.
- Report functionally to EPS SWE FIN Manager and his/her In-Country Manager will be either RC-FR SI FIN or RC-FR SI REU CEA FIN.
Who are we looking for?
- BS/BA Degree in Finance, Accounting or related academic field
- 5 years’ experience in a position such as Commercial Project Manager, Project Controller, Contract Administrator or equivalent in a directly related industry
- Project Business acumen, customer focus and results-driven approach
- Excellent communication skills in French and English (written & spoken), willing to work in a multicultural and international business environment
- MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and SAP experience
- Excellent analytical skills, proactive decision making and problem-solving
- Highly self-motivated team player with demonstrated skills to work effectively in a collaborative environment. Flexibility to work many midsize projects.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and thrive under pressure to meet time constraints
- Capability to interpret and execute contract (customer and supplier) terms and conditions
- Willingness to travel within France when required
- ‘C’ Project management experience, Siemens CPM Certification (C), PMP Certification is a plus
- Further education in Accounting or Business Administration
- Profound knowledge of contract management, procurement law, invoicing milestones, payments terms and securities
- Successful experience analyzing and developing business models
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens SAS
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time