External Role: Data Engineer
We're looking for a Data Engineer to join our Center of Competence in Data Analytics & Artificial Intelligence to develop our data platform and build solutions for healthcare use cases. The right candidate will be a technology enthusiast who is passionate about solving real world challenges and is not afraid of digging deep into systems and data to develop solutions.
• Responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, working together with the Data Architect and platform responsible.
• Extract value from data using pre processing techniques (transformation, integration, normalization, feature extraction).
• Ingest data from (distributed) data sets.
• Build applications to automate and optimize data delivery.
Qualification: Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree in computer science, engineering, statistics or related technical/scientific field
Experience: 3-5 years experience in data engineering, with hands-on on big data platforms, infrastructure and tools. Experience working with global multi-site teams in an agile environment, is preferred.
Knowledge and Capabilities:
• Experience in data storage, data extraction, preparation and exploratory data analysis.
• Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of SQL, data warehousing, ETL etc. using data frameworks and tools such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Apache Spark, Scala.
• Strong understanding of databases and data storage, using specialized technologies that are optimized for the particular use of the data, such as a relational database, a NoSQL database (MongoDB etc.), Azure Storage etc.
• Hadoop Cluster (execution / monitoring / debugging of Spark jobs in distributed systems). Fine-tuning of Hadoop applications such as Spark.
• Experience in Azure HDInsight’s or Databricks Cluster is preferred.
• Automation and Configuration Management (Azure DevOps CI / CD pipelines (yaml), Azure DevOps Test Management)
• Experience with different file formats (e.g. parquet, avro, ...).
• Cloud based solutions and technologies (Microsoft Azure preferred).
• Strong attention to detail.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
• Ability to think creatively and solve problems.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time