As a Partner of Choice, the Global Business Services (GBS) in Portugal shapes the Shared Services landscape of the future by providing smart and digital end-to-end solutions to over 100 Siemens entities across the world, in around 20 different languages.
Join our GBS team as Tax Professional – Center of Expertise VAT Team Leader and help us provide valuable and outstanding business services to our customers! Our Record-to-Report business line provides a variety of innovative and reliable financial services - from financial records to financial closing and reporting. We also provide services in Master Data, Real Estate Business Administration, Controlling and much more!
Are you ready to be part of the change and help us make real what matters?
What role will you play?
- Oversee and supervise dedicated operations and processes
- Identify Talent, manage/be involved in succession planning, promote diversity, motivation and engagement in an assigned team
- Give feedback to team members regarding individual performance and personal development options
- Ensure adherence to defined guidelines, processes and procedures
- Prioritize and assign tasks to ensure that the team’s resources are used effectively, and that work schedules and targets are met
- Live lean governance and foster process improvement and simplification/optimization measures
- Manage escalations within defined procedures
- Extend the cooperation with current customers
- Contribute to resource planning and allocation
- Manage the team’s KPIs and BVIs
- Lead and coordinate Performance Review Meetings with customers/partners
- Support the implementation of the business line roadmap/strategy in strong alignment with my Management
Does this sound Good? Our perfect candidate must have:
- Strong Tax/VAT knowledge
- Work experience in Indirect Tax – VAT – EC sales list – Intrastat
- Fluent knowledge of English language (mandatory)
- Proficiency in others European languages will be a valuable plus
- SAP system knowledge
- Solid MS Office knowledge (special focus on Excel)
- Expertise in guidelines, legal requirements, required documentation
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical thinking
- Continuous learning attitude
- People oriented
- Proactive attitude
- Team Player, with strong customer focus, result, and quality orientation
- Creates an open environment
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong ability to work under pressure on a changing environment
- Deadline oriented
- Honest and transparent about the good and the bad
- Be bold, decisive, and courageous
- Ownership culture
- Good business and social networking skills
- Curious about new technologies and trends, digital mindset, IT curious
Want to know more about GBS?
Siemens Global Business Services (GBS) is a Siemens Service Company that provides innovative digital solutions and customer-oriented business services for companies and organizations in all sectors.
Our portfolio in the areas of Finance, HR and Supply Chain Management include end-to-end services in Opportunity-to-Cash, Purchase-to-Pay, Record-to-Report, Hire-to-Retire, Delivery Management and Digital Solutions. Check out more!
You will love to have:
Flexible home office policy and flexible schedule, virtual budget to use in the selection of working tools to improve your home office setup, medical center and canteen in the facilities, sport groups, volunteering initiatives, social and networking events. We also provide access to e-learning platforms and discounts with partners!
#Siemens #peopleatsiemens #gbspartnerofchoice
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss workplace adjustments with all our applicants to develop agile working and innovation.