At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalmindsGeneral Summary of the Job:
This role supports the Opportunity to Delivery function within the Services Siemens DI SW Organization. This role will apply the NextGen Services Automation understanding with specific knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of complex and varied tasks. The role will typically operate under supervision, however will perform his/her tasks independently in the areas of opportunity management, project administration, process and tools, global policies, pricing agreements, services forecasting and tracking.
NOTE: Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future, for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.Essential Functions:
- Create Services Opportunity for Transactional Projects and Change Orders
- Create/Update Margin Estimation Worksheet and upload to Financial Force
- Update Booked Orders Forecast
- Update Revenue Pipeline Forecast
- Create SOW/LSDA for Transactional Business
- Coordinate/Initiate Approval Workflows
- Manage Opportunity Status for Transactional Business
- Create PSA Delivery Project
- Common tasks For Non-Transactional and Transactional Projects
- Validate Opportunity/Service Estimate with Approved SOW
- Initiate Budget Approval Workflow
- Assign PM to Project
- Identify and assign Customer in SAP
- Confirm/Control Project Financials
- Prepare Billing & Revenue Recognition
- Final Review of Project Financials before Closure
- Mark Project Status to “Closed” to Financially Close Project after All Financials Finalized
- Manage Purchases (PR) in SAP
- Review and approve External Invoice
- Transactional Project Specific Tasks
- Set Resource Request to “Ready to Staff”
- Communicate Resource Assignment to Customer
- Manage Contract Structure
- Verify Hours delivered - Time Approval
- Manage Project Financials
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practices.
- Complex analysis of policy, workflows, process and system tools and transactions to facilitate timely and accurate transactions that comply with prevailing policy and process guidelines.
- Transactional processing of SOW and/or proposal activities in adherence with prescribed policy and processes.
- Reporting/forecast process; training/knowledge transfer to internal/external; process improvement engagement as an active participant.
Education and Experience Requirement:
University degree level standard or relevant extended industrial relevant experience
Typically requires 2-4 years’ experience in an Opportunity to Delivery role.
Experience achieved in a Multi-National company environment.
Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
Fluency in written and spoken English is essential for international sites.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Normal office environment. Often requested to work long hours at quarter-end, at times of key project roll out periods or in the Management support or back-up roles.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.