Engineering Center of ExCellence – Who are we?
Do you know what Rits Hotel in Paris, new terminal at Munich airport and European Parliament in Brussels have in common? The building automation of all of them was designed by Bulgarian Engineers who are part of Siemens Bulgaria Engineering Center of ExCellence (GECC).
The portfolio of Engineering Center of ExCellence covers the full cycle of building technologies including PLC programming; graphic visualization and control through management station; most innovative systems for room automation; fire notification; access control etc.
Engineering Center of ExCellence best records: Founded in 1998 with 3 engineers. So far more than 4300 projects in more than 20 countries have been executed by our engineers who won over 30 cups in various sport competitions beside projects execution.
We are currently looking for a new team member to join us in one of our offices across Bulgaria (Sofia, Plovdiv, Ruse), or remotely from a home office anywhere across the country.
Together with our Business Partners you will develop technology-driven cloud-based solutions. You will be engaged with Siemens Global Business Services, its customers and prospects across various business lines. You will be responsible for delivering “Out-of the-box” AI features, driving digital transformation of our own operations and those of our customers across different technology domains.
Which tasks should you perform?
• Building REST APIs and handling different service frameworks.
• Implementing integration with 3rd party systems in accordance with business requirements.
• The development of orchestration layer & interfaces and set up of MATs (monitoring alerting trending) based on blueprints.
• The configuration and maintenance of CI/CD pipeline and resource groups.
• Understanding the business logic and the deployment of the model API.
• Producing clean code and automated test.
• Working across new age scripting languages and adapting to cloud environments and rapidly changing technology stacks.
• Troubleshooting and bug fixing.
• University degree in Computer Science or other equivalent disciplines and at least 3 years of the relevant experience.
• Experience and knowledge in Databases (Relational, Non-relational, Data-indexing), applied Git (troubleshooting), CI/CD, Test Driven Development & Domain Driven Design.
• Familiar with API management solutions and working with REST.
• GitLab code orchestration and functional layers.
• Solid understanding on computing environments (Container-based / Serverless-based).
• Experience with at least one of the following AI-based cloud solutions: Azure, IBM Watson, or AWS.
• Strong programming skills with understanding of project cycles, development environments, and source control techniques.
• You can multitask in a fast-changing agile world and bring high-energy.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills in English are a must.
The successful candidate should be responsible and initiative person with sensitivity of intercultural diversity, result and quality driven with focus on customers, team player.
As a part of our Engineering Center of Excellence in Europe you will meet our philosophy:
Well-being responsibility – flexible working time (admired by our colleagues), home office, healthy training programs, sport card.
Constant learning and development – attention to personal and professional growth. Empowering employees to manage their own career.
International team and friendly environment – our team is full of young and enthusiastic people.
Competency based reward system and a lot of different benefits – food vouchers, additional health and pension insurance, opportunity to become a Siemens shareholder and get free stocks etc.