We are seeking a highly motivated and customer-focussed engineer to be both the technical driver of pre-sales customer engagements and provider of post-sales technical assistance for our Tessent Embedded Analytics products.
The successful candidate will work closely with the sales team to help identify and understand customers’ technical needs & challenges, provide technical presentations and demonstrations as well as supporting product evaluations.
The role enables the development of close relationships with customers through post-sales support and program management and requires regular interaction with the internal product management team to influence product development and evolution.
~20% Travel will be required (post Covid-19 restrictions).
- Assist Account Managers to determine sales execution strategy based on customers’ technical requirements
- Provide technical presentations and demonstrations to convey the benefits and solutions addressed by the technology to prospective customers
- Drive technical customer engagements, including creating, supporting and winning of evaluations leading to business win
- Provide technical leadership and program management for assigned accounts
- Provide technical support to customers in both pre-sales and post-sales situations including technical problem resolution and training
- Develop close relationships with customers through as many levels as possible, to be able to assess their technical and business requirements
- Work with the Product Management team to articulate your customers’ technical needs and requirements
- Other reasonable actions as required by management or leadership.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience as an Applications Engineer or related field
- 5+ years of experience of digital IC/FPGA design from RTL to gate-level (Verilog/VHDL)
- Good understanding of SoC architectures and methodologies
- Effective presentation skills
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate at all levels, both internally and with the customer
- Self-starter with initiative and capable of managing their own work
- Good organisational skills and ability to work on multiple concurrent tasks
- Good problem solving skills
Desirable Additional skills (not mandatory)
- Python coding
- Experience with debugging embedded software with
- Experience in (and understanding of) verification techniques and methodologies
- Knowledge of modern CPU architectures
- Familiarity with the sales cycle
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Ireland) Ltd, Taiwan Branch
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time