- Perform day-to-day import/export operations. Review documentation for imports and exports, assist with local customs issues as required, and facilitate the clearance of Siemens shipments by providing assistance to logistics trade partners and others within Siemens. The import/export specialist will work with internal peer departments within the Siemens organization and local customs house broker to prepare import and export documents and engage customs programs as required.
- Monitor and communicate on a regular basis with respective groups and Field Locations on status of shipments, notification process (Green Light), and monitor internal processes.
- Resolve issues that may be communicated through internal or external channels, make decisions about the appropriate response, and take action to correct or otherwise resolve the issues promptly.
- Facilitate the import and export process on sales, spares parts, systems, and repaired boards.
- Responsible for engagement of payments for customs/import or export operations related activities.
- Clearly convey import and export and business information to Siemens personnel and departments, proactively manage expectations and objectives; ability to give and receive feedback.
- Must be able to adjust quickly and positively to changes in priorities, schedules, & assignments to meet the needs of the organization and/or the team.
- High focus on customer service to our customers and internal team members.
- Oversee Customs Brokers/FF’s in the regions to ensure operating in compliance with both legal guidelines and business requirements for Siemens.
- Represent as the primary contact with internal stakeholders and local government agencies. Administer local import and export compliance policies and procedures.
- Perform site record keeping assessments and identify areas of non-compliance, make recommendations and create implementation plans.
- Review and audit import/export documentation to ensure compliance with all legal and business requirements.
- Keep informed as to current Laws and Regulations that govern the importation or exportation of goods.
- Primary controller in the region to ensure that import/export operations does not cause any business delays but rather facilitates the movement of goods through the internal process in accordance with legal international trade regulations.
- Provide training to regional sites as needed and oversee the implementation of site specific procedures.
- Strong communication skills in English language is required.
- Working knowledge of Harmonized Tariff Schedule.
- Working knowledge of regional import/export controls and processes.
- More than 3 years of experience working in a Trade compliance role directly working to solve issues with local customs authorities.
- Computer proficiency in email environment, MS Word/Excel, MS Outlook.
- Strong research, written and verbal communication skills, ability to work closely with a wide variety of staff of diverse backgrounds and levels.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in team environment, including back-up as required or necessary to cover scheduled or non-scheduled absences of other team members.
- Creative thinkers, ability to streamline processes, implement changes that foster higher efficiencies and exceed expectations of all customers.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Korea) LLC
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time