IoT Application Engineer with Software development background
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds.
Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving the transformation to enable a digital an enterprise where engineering, manufacturing, and electronics design meet tomorrow. Our solutions help companies of all sizes create and leverage digital twins that provide organizations with new insights, opportunities, and levels of automation to drive innovation.
We are looking for a talented IOT application engineer with software development skills, passionate for cloud and IoT-based infrastructures. You will become part of the Model Based Service Engineering (MBSE) team at Siemens Digital Industries Software Simulation & Test Solutions HQ in Leuven. It is a young and multi-cultural team of circa 10 people missioned to pave the road for leveraging model-based simulation technologies to it’s best in an operational engineering context. This involves connecting our simulation and testing portfolio to IOT infrastructure to provide simulation-based data analytics, design products for serviceability and to create and operate smart services. This involves working on technology components addressing a variety of use cases like asset performance, predictive maintenance, model-based condition monitoring, failure detection, diagnoses and reporting.
Within the team you will be responsible for the development and testing of multiple software, proof of concepts in order to showcase the technology potential to executive stakeholders, partners or clients, and to provide clarification on implementation requirements for the software productization step. Therefore, the candidate will have to understand the use case needs and translate these into clean coded features using an agile development methodology like scrum. The software development work focusses mostly on bridging a variety of Simcenter simulation tools to IOT platform (SAP/Mindsphere) system engineering solutions.
The envisioned Simcenter - IoT infrastructure will combine the acquisition of data from an asset in operation with additional insights provided by simulation based analytics providing better support for performance or failure assessments.
We need specific competences in Cloud and IoT-based infrastructure development in order to materialize our research innovations into PoC technologies for the application of simulation-based data analytics for optimized asset performance management and automated failure diagnoses and reporting
Your key responsibilities:
- Interpret and contribute to the definition of technical specifications of the envisioned IoT application
- Materialization of the developed applications into one or multiple proof-of-concepts.
- Coordinate the technical discussion with external partners and internal software development teams.
You'll be the developer we need if:
- You hold a master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
· You are familiar with IoT solutions and their communication protocols
- You have a dedicated and creative mindset for solving complex problems, good communication skills
- You are a motivated team player
- You are fluent in English
Other skills that would make you be the best candidate:
- Expertise in communication between web-APP and hardware
- Experience with either AWS or other Cloud environments
- Application know-how in RAMS engineering (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety)
- Experience in System Engineering/System modeling languages: SYSML
- AI based data analytics
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with simulation technologies and in particular interfacing protocols like FMI
· Experience with agile development and scrum.
- Experience in preparing and deploying services on the Cloud
- Strong understanding of infrastructure components and how they are architected in the Cloud
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time