Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372, 000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Infrastructure/Siemens Digital Managed Application & Services team as our Head of Technical Development to drive our solution architecture and software development business and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
This is an outstanding opportunity to own the definition, implementation, and review of the organisation’s systems development management framework.
We are looking for someone who will set strategy for resource management within systems development, authorises the allocation of resources for systems development programmes, and maintains an overview of the contribution of such programmes to organisational success.
With our fantastic remote working policy, a location across the UK is flexible, with the view to be in our Nottingham office when needed.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful, and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have an encouraging environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
Change the future with us.
- You will be responsible for the structure of systems development functions and platforms and is responsible for alignment with business strategy & objectives and with emerging IT and digital opportunities
- In this role you will set strategy for resource management within systems development, authorises the allocation of resources for systems development programmes, and maintains an overview of the contribution of such programmes to organisational success
- Leads the quality and appropriateness of the work performed and delivers measurable business benefits
- Sets policy and drives alignment to standards for systems development projects whether predictive approaches or more adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches
- Promotes the benefits of addressing all security issues during systems development. Identifies and owns the resources vital for all stages (planning, estimation, execution) of systems development projects, ensuring that technical, financial, and quality targets are met.
Technical landscape and experience:
- Technical Experience is a must covering all IS disciplines, with wide exposure to large scale complex IS projects including practical and specific technical knowledge in architecture, software development, design patterns, non-functional requirements, system integration
- Significant architecture definition, solution definition and deployment experience.
- Significant experience in solution definition & deployment using COTS/be-spoke software development
- Experience of development and deployment in a multi system environment mixing cloud and IoT application
- Experience and detailed understanding of software design and deployment patterns across multiple stacks and business function domains.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
You will have an in-depth background within solution architecture and software development experience, project and technical leadership and ideally exposure within the Energy and/or Utilities sector with knowledge of UK energy industry, Smart Metering, Smart Grid, Asset Management, Field Services, Resource Planning
We are looking for someone with extensive customer collaboration skills, with the ability to translate complex technical solutions into commercial language.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension, and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here.
We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here or contact the recruiter.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time