The Designer will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of Electrical Wiring Diagrams for release to Operations for our LV & MV Switchgear products.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
- From schematics, wire lists, and bills of material generate new panel layout and wiring print drawing sets and wire bindle lists.
- Panel layout and physical drawings, and bill of materials, select cable lengths for PLC interface.
- Release panels and wiring prints to Operations. Release cable orders to Purchasing.
- Schematics, wire lists, and device list, generate new interconnect drawing sets.
- Marked-up schematics, generate revisions or additions to existing interconnect or wiring print drawing sets.
- Release modification packages, including revised physicals, schematics, wiring prints and interconnects to Field Service. Works from marked-up prints, sketches or verbal instructions.
- Project or Supervising Engineer gives guidance when questions arise and reviews more technically complicated drawings.
- Process Mark-ups affecting multiple drawings,
- Ensure for consistency across drawing sets
- Check for practicality of mark-ups and for obstructions & using multi layers (mimic panels)
- Maintain Revision control.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Education:
1. Associate’s Degree although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered, Bachelors Degree is a plus.
2. 3 years’ design/drafting experience working with assembly and detail drawings of large electrical assemblies.
3. Minimum of two years CAD experience are preferred.
4. The ability to work closely with fellow employees and manufacturing personnel to insure a smooth workflow is necessary
5. Ability to interpret schematics, wiring prints, point lists, and other documentation.
6. Experience with Windows, Word, AutoCad, and Promise software.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8. Ability to thrive in a diverse environment with minimal supervision.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.