Company: Siemens Digital Industries Software
Job Title: Senior Quality / Manufacturing Engineer
Job Reference: 243231
Job Location: Fremont, CA
The Senior Quality Engineer (with Manufacturing experiences) will provide experienced quality assurance support to contract Manufacturing, key suppliers, and product development team, resolving bugs, defects, and other issues and ensuring the product meets customer specifications.
- May assist with hiring quality engineers.
- Train/educate others (Contract Manufacturer, supplier, internal personnel) on policies and procedures.
- May assist with performance evaluations (especially Supplier QBR’s)
- Reviews design plans, process procedures, test procedures, and quality manuals to understand the scope, requirements, and function of the problem.
- Ensures that products meet the organization’s and customers’ quality and product integrity requirements.
- Supports the product development or operations team by providing analysis and expertise throughout the inspection process.
- Identifies root causes of problems in the production process; recommends and/or implements corrective measures and follow-up verification of corrective actions as needed.
- Analyzes data to identify trends in product quality or defects with a goal of mitigating and preventing recurrence and future defects.
- Ensures manufacturing processes and materials comply with federal, state, local, and industry standards and regulations. (CE, UL/CSA, EMC compliance, RoHS, REACH, Conflict Minerals, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn production processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to serve as a liaison with developers, project managers, and customer support.
- Thorough understanding of federal, state, local, and industry standards, guidelines, and regulations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Minitab (similar Quality statistical package) experiences are desirable.
- Relex-Belcore or Windchill (or other Reliability Predictive tool) experiences are desirable.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related
Degree in Electrical and/or Software engineering preferred. Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical engineering, are also acceptable.
- ASQ certification, Lean Six Sigma, 5S certification(s) are desirable.
- Hands-on Familiarity with ISO9001 requirements preferred.
- Experience with ASTM, IEC, JEDEC, IPC standards are preferred
- At least five years of related experience required; supervisory or training experience is a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.