Production Engineering Intern: Bogies and Carshells
The successful candidate will operate as an intern level technical liaison between the engineering department and manufacturing/production teams in Sacramento, CA to ensure proper implementation of design drawings and guidelines. Candidates must have a fundamental understanding of machine design, mechanical strength assessment and other mechanical engineering related concepts to be able to perform special intern level production engineering research tasks and assignments. This role reports to the Production Engineering Manager and is located in Sacramento, CA.
- Preparation of technical reports, guidance documents, and work instructions to ensure proper and effective implementation and integration of engineering released changes and adaptations.
- Assists production engineering in the development of new tests and solutions.
- Supports warehouse incoming inspections.
- Supports machining and measurement issues.
- Helps to resolve structural steel manufacturing and tolerance issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic geometric dimensioning and tolerancing is desired.
- And other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Ø Required education: Enrollment in or completion of Mechanical Engineering/Technology degree program.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.