Specialist - Service and Installations - Smart Buildings/Automation
Our Culture: At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
- Under general supervision, you will conduct preventive maintenance, repair, installation, commissioning and general servicing of HVAC Automation Systems (including detailed troubleshooting).
- You will be responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interaction. Mentors mechanical technicians on building automation activities.
- You will also be responsible for accurately completing required project and service documentation.
- Diagnose and repair electronic control system malfunctions. Provide sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings.
- Connect with customers upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Meet regularly with customers to become familiar with operating problems.
- Keep customers informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues, and recommend system improvements, upgrades, and or repairs. Promotes the sale of add-on work.
- Manage assigned work to meet professional execution, time and customer satisfaction standards. Report problems or changes to management immediately.
- Interface with service manager, service project manager or subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in an ethical and professional manner.
- May provide training to customers on electronic control systems operations. Deliver manuals and documentation to the customer for training needs as required.
- Mentor and train mechanical workforce on building automation systems. Provide support to the mechanical staff on non-complex, non-critical equipment. Compile job documentation, such as certificate of completion, customer training forms, training certificates and punch lists. Required
Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED required. Completion of AAS Preferred.
- 3 – 5 years increasingly responsible experience in installing and/or servicing electronic control and HVAC equipment.
- Knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and write modifications to system software.
- Must have experience in writing computer programs and software applications related to the HVAC Industry.
- Proven experience in the integration of low voltage building sub-systems using various industry protocols such as LON, BacNet, N2, Modbus, etc.
- Perform in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds, nd ahigh-lift equipment, working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions.
- Use hand-tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet. Restricted
- Carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Individual must possess a valid driver's license in good standing. Benefits:
We offer you: Competitive salary based on qualifications, Health, Dental and Vision plans with options from which to choose, Matching 401(k), Competitive paid time off plan, holidays and floating holidays, Company cell phone and laptop, Extensive product training and professional career development, Education and tuition reimbursement programs available, Overtime, on-call pay, company uniform and vehicle, for eligible positions
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020 Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.