Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- · Sets up and operates numerically controlled horizontal lathe to perform machining operations, such as turning, boring, facing, and threading parts, such as castings, forgings, and bar stock.
- · Preferably people having skill in CNC/VMC Precision Machining, should have experience in removal of labyrinth fins from rotor while blades are in position.
- · Reads engineering drawing, cutting tools and parameter, fits and tolerances, process sheets, blueprints, and sketches of part to determine machining to be done, dimensional specifications.
- · Mounts workpiece between centers, in chuck, or to faceplate, manually or using hoist.
- · Tool Setting & programming for various complex parts. May set tools before positioning them in lathe, using precision gauges and instruments
- · Select cutting tools and tooling instructions, according to written specifications or knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics.
- · Adjust machine controls and change tool settings in order to keep dimensions within specified tolerances
- · Compute unspecified dimensions and machine settings, using knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics.
- · Preparation of tools for machining, Replace worn tools, and sharpen dull cutting tools and dies using bench grinders or cutter-grinding machines.
- · Position, secure, and align cutting tools in toolholders on machines, using hand tools, and verify their positions with measuring instruments.
- · Should have worked in reputed Machine Shop / Work Shop with good experience, also machining of new shafts.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- · Qualification Trade Certificate - ITI/Diploma or equivalent and CNC programming and machine operation training with 10 to 12 years experience in operating CNC Lathe Machine.
- · Should be familiar with Lathe Machine Operation and it trouble shootings.
- · Inspects machined components for conformance to specifications, using micrometers and precision dial gauges and electrical run out measurements for shafts.
- · Should be familiar with Boring, drilling, reaming, threading and tapping (both CGS & SI systems)
- · Install holding fixtures, cams, gears, and stops to control stock and tool movement, using hand tools, power tools, and measuring instruments.
- · Should have knowledge of Material.
- · Should have Knowledge of other machineries.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Vadodara. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time