- Consults Product Managers and R&D Project Managers in the requirement definition concerning the testability of the requirement.
- Understanding the product family and the relevant IEC standards thereby preparing the mandatory Certification requirements for meeting the compliance as per International Standards such as IEC/ IEEE/ EN
- Review of the Product Electrical/ Mechanical design/ Decals/LED/ User manuals/ Product Manufacturing process/ Test Process in production and type test specifications of Customers.
- Knowledge on Certification schemes such as CE, UL, FCC, IC, RED and similar product certifications for various countries.
- Demonstrated experience with international EMC/Safety standards (e.g. UL, ANSI, CSA, EN, IEC, ISO)
- Experience in working with third-party labs or similar agencies.
- Analyses and keeps updated of all regulatory standards concerning technological and functionality requirements.
- Contributes to product specification from a regulatory perspective.
- Cooperates with product safety professionals in minimizing product risks, Consults in all aspects concerning international product regulations, Represents our R&D location in external panels and committees.
- Review test procedures and may design and execute complex tests and participates in design reviews. Identifies potential technical problems or design flaws and use case identification for system conditions.
- Participates in the evolution/implementation of product development processes and tools.
- Supports ways to reuse components across designs and/or projects.
- Analyzes customer feedback and external issue reported on the product portfolio.
- Interacts with internal partners such as support representatives, developers, technical writers, project managers, and quality assurance personnel.
- Liasoning with external labs to provide suitable clarification for product approvals and certification.
- Experience in Certification Procedures and Compliance product standard knowledge.
- Experienced in Product Validation for embedded products and systems (both hardware and Firmware).
- Knowledge with configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review.
- Proficiency in test equipment’s, climatic chambers, EMI/EMC equipment/test generator setups/ Mechanical validation concepts
- Strong documentation and writing skills and thorough understanding of the EMI impacts on the embedded products, and its reliability of operation.
- Know - how of Wireless communication qualification and conformity assessment procedures
- Basic knowledge of impact of electromagnetic / environmental / product Safety impacts on embedded hardware design.
- Country Specific Certification requirements for Wireless Products.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time