Are you seeking an innovative organization, the creators of FIN Framework (FIN), a state-of-the-art open framework for building automation and building-related IoT applications that run on embedded controls, servers, and the cloud?
If so, this is the career opportunity for you!
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Sr. Software Developer to build our next custom solutions for FIN framework software. J2 Innovation – a Siemens company provides its software framework to OEMs, system integrators, resellers, installers, and end-users. This means FIN Framework can be found in the software systems of many leading players in the building automation market. As a member of our EMEA Professional Services you will build high performance and scalable platform extensions and features which will adapt our current FIN Framework to the personal needs of our OEM’s and customers. You will work within a local and distributed team of highly skilled Software Engineers, Test Engineers, and Product Managers and you will collaborate with the EMEA Professional Services Director. Additionally, you will have significant interaction with the Developers and Testers working on our teams in Italy, Bucharest, London and Los Angeles. Candidates for this position should be passionate about building high quality software and contributing to architecture design discussions. You will have strong analytical skills and a desire to go deep with knowledge and understanding of topics, and motivated to work in a high-performance team.Main Responsibilities:
- Building platform extensions & custom features using Fantom (https://fantom.org/) & Java
- Architect and implement efficient and reusable front-end and back-end systems that drive sophisticated web applications
- Build restful services using TypeScript
- Provide technical mentorship to team members
- Collaborate with product managers and software engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Participate in code reviews and design discussion with other developers and software architects
- Analyze the performance of code and implement improvements.
- Investigate issues and derive root cause and correction.
- Understand BAS terms, concepts, and usability.
- Understand customer needs.
- Knowledge in server side OO languages like Java or c#.
- Experience in development using Fantom (https://fantom.org/), is a phenomenal plus.
- Experience developing modular user interfaces, and familiarity with modern CSS frameworks, tools, and workflow
- Experience in building services using TypeScript is a great plus.
- Proven understanding of the full web technology stack
- Experience with software engineering standard methodologies (e.g., unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Worked on software projects that used agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Proficient with design diagrams and great documentation skills.
- BA/BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- Experience or demonstrated interest in IoT/Building Automation/ HVAC is a plus.
- Excellent English knowledge, both verbal and written.
What can we further offer?
- Significant results-oriented freedom
- A dynamic and growth oriented environment
- A flexible way of working: Smart working
- Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the entrepreneurial spirit are rewarded
- An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous training
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Personal Computer and Smartphone
- Flexible Welfare programs that can be extended to your family
What else do you have to know?
“At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds“
J2 Innovations, a Siemens Company pays much attention to Diversity, thus welcoming applications which reflects this value, and guarantees equal opportunities.
We believe strongly in both taking ownership and being transparent with your data. For the new GDPR we manage only online applications, and we don’t accept CVs by mail.
Please submit the following documents with your application: Letter of motivation, curriculum vitae (CV). Only applications sent via the system and in English will be considered.
Are you ready to build a real impact?
Come on board and seek the challenges of today and tomorrow together with us!
The world is constantly evolving, and we’re always thinking about what’s next. You can help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow. Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time