Are you seeking an innovative organization, the creators of FIN Framework (FIN), a state-of-the-art open framework for building automation and building-related IoT applications that run on embedded controls, servers, and the cloud?
If so, this is the career opportunity for you!
Joining the core software development team at J2 Innovation – a Siemens company will enable you to be a part of our growing organization and be hands-on in exciting and innovative projects, including modernizing our current platform and building a new progressive, industry-changing platform.
As a Sr. SDE, you’ll work in a collaborative and agile environment with software team members, managers, product owners, and partners. You’ll be responsible for the architecture, UI design, and development of the FIN framework front end. FIN framework is famous for its rich and interactive web UI.
Successful candidates will actively focus on implementing or refactoring FIN apps (front-end and back-end), implement interactive and slick web UI interfaces, and share expertise with other team members. They should also be detailed oriented, strive for excellence, and are excited by working in high-performance teams that value innovation, collaboration, timely deliverables, continuous process improvement, and team success.
You will work within a local and global team of highly skilled Software Engineers, Test Engineers, and Product Managers and you will report to the VP of Engineering. Additionally, you will have significant interaction with the Developers and Testers working on our teams in Italy, Bucharest, London and Los Angeles.Main Responsibilities:
- Actively look for ways to improve the front-end UX and codebase
- Architect and implement efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive sophisticated web applications
- Build restful services using TypeScript
- Provide technical mentorship to team members
- Collaborate with product managers and software engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Knowledge in server side OO languages like Java or c#.
- Experience in development using Fantom (https://fantom.org/), is a phenomenal plus.
- Experience developing modular user interfaces, and familiarity with modern CSS frameworks, tools, and workflow
- Experience in building services using TypeScript is a great plus.
- Confirmed understanding of the full web technology stack
- Experience with software engineering standard methodologies (e.g., unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Worked on software projects that used agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Proficient with design diagrams and phenomenal documentation skills.
- BA/BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- Experience or proven interest in IoT/Building Automation/ HVAC is a plus.
- Excellent English knowledge, both verbal and written.
What can we further offer?
- Significant entrepreneurial freedom
- A dynamic and growth oriented environment
- A flexible way of working: Smart working
- Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the proactive spirit are rewarded
- An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous training
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Personal Computer and Smartphone
- Flexible Welfare programs that can be extended to your family
What else do you have to know?
“At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds“
Furthermore J2 Innovations, a Siemens Company pays much attention to Diversity, thus welcoming applications which reflects this value, and guarantees equal opportunities.
We believe strongly in both taking ownership and being transparent with your data. For the new GDPR we manage only online applications, and we don’t accept CVs by mail.
Please submit the following documents with your application: Letter of motivation, curriculum vitae (CV). Only applications sent via the system and in English will be considered.
Are you ready to build a real impact?
Come on board and seek the challenges of today and tomorrow together with us!
The world is constantly changing, and we’re always thinking about what’s next. You can help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow. Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time