Together we make the difference
Siemens Mobility is an independent managed company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services.
The Information Technology (IT) department has the global responsibility for the internal IT of Siemens Mobility. Its goal is to provide a robust and efficient IT landscape derived from business and market demands.
Your personality and individuality make the difference. In our team, we increase business performance and point the way into the digital age.
Is that exactly your thing? Then live your passion in an international and cross-location team in which you can actively shape the future of our company. You open new possibilities for our customers with your competence. Connected with this is an exciting career path that leads you to ever new projects and solutions in the field of IT for Siemens Mobility.
The Web Application group is responsible to provide professional application services to our users of Siemens Mobility worldwide. We support our business units by hosting and managing different web applications for several Mobility products and projects.
Your task is to support the continuous service of our web applications focusing on two internally developed applications “Crosslink and Rulestream”. Collecting and refining requirements, (citizen) development and continuous monitoring of processes, fast intervention and a high awareness of all current issues are key elements of successful operation and high user satisfaction.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- As part of our ITIL based service team, you will be responsible for the maintenance and the enhancements of our web applications Crosslink and Rulestream by solving technical problems, implementing enhancements and updating the applications and infrastructure regularly.
- Hosted in the AWS, you monitor the applications and pro-actively work on issues.
- You are responsible to prevent performance or security issues by updating and patching the applications on demand.
- You are responsible to maintain the service documentation and regularly update the knowledge base on technical areas / infrastructural topics.
- You will conduct regular meetings with Key Users to get information about upcoming changes, requirements, or usage of the applications.
- You will create and track tickets to our infrastructure provider and 3rd level support.
- Furthermore, you will support and perform development and design tasks with emphasis on programming, customizing, testing and maintenance of applications.
- You will also support to operate future applications in conjunction with our internal and external business partners.
Your qualifications – well-founded and adequate
- You have successfully finished studies in computer science or electrical engineering or a comparable qualification with corresponding additional skills.
- Alternatively, you have already long experiences and training as an IT specialist and have already gained many years of subject-specific professional experience.
- You already developed several web applications using common web tools and are familiar with testing and deployment of web applications.
- You can quickly analyze source codes and are familiar reading web application development languages.
- You have excellent skills in database languages like SQL (MySQL, MS SQL or ORACLE) to be able to create complex Queries on demand.
- Additional know how using JSON and XML as well as middleware applications like IIS.
- You have experience in configuring and maintaining cloud environments based on AWS / S3 and ECS / EFS.
- You are familiar with the administration of Linux/Unix-based environments as well as shell scripting.
- You are familiar working in a service team, ideally with ITIL knowledge.
- Basic knowledge in web security and cyber security also as documentation and maintaining of security leaks / issues.
- You are willing to travel several weeks to Europe.
- If you also have fluent knowledge of Business English (Level C1), are highly self-motivated and are able to think in a customer-oriented way, then you are qualified to join us in our team!
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
· We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
· Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
· At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time